CAR Parents looking for a new car...trying to talk them into a used cr-v.

ANUS_MANGLER

Dec 3, 2006
St. Louis
my mother has an early 2000's exploder right now and the thing just gets god awful gas mileage. it was one thing when gas was a 1.50 when they bought it, but the car is just literally breaking the bank on gas.

anyways. new is not an option right now (new crv looks like shit anyway) and i was trying to talk them into a 2002-2006 body style cr-v.

it will be my parents first non big 3 car in ages but i think it's the right move with the 4cyl.

any general thoughts on these? major problems to look out for?:o

Discuss

pirate

Track | DSLR | MTB
Nov 9, 2000
Charlotte, NC
my wife has a 2006 with 60k on it, knock on wood but no problems other than her backing in to shit. my parents have a 2000 that just turned 200k last week. for an 11 year old car it's had surprisingly few non-scheduled maintenance things, most of which honda na took care of out of warrantly.

91RS

If this flag offends you... you need a history les
Aug 18, 2004
All over.
If they like American cars, why not find them a Saturn Vue with the 4 cyl? It's an Ecotec so it won't need timing belt bullshit and the Ecotec is bulletproof anyway. The Vue is on the Equinox chassis vso that's pretty well bulletproof too.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448