Parents of OT: Bringing 6 month old baby to Mexico?

Joshuaua

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2003
Land of wine and fires
The wife's cousin is getting married in Cabo next year and our baby boy will be about 6 months old then. I'm a little hesitant, but she thinks it'll be fine. Not sure I trust the hospitals if something goes wrong, the water situation, etc. WWOTD?

Side note: First child, no clue what I'm doing.

CLOT

Jun 30, 2003
Leave the baby at home. It’s 6 months old, how much trouble can it get in to alone

thisiswai

OT Supporter
Sep 20, 2009
my ex went to church with a woman who brought her baby to mexico. baby was kidnapped, killed, and used as a drug mule. mother killed herself shortly after

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
Was more thinking about the wife drinking it and breastfeeding. I guess she can just stick with bottled water...
Mothers' bodies are very good at filtering out bad stuff for the baby. But she should be drinking bottled water down there regardless. Babby will be just starting solid food by then but can live fine on just her milk.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Not a chance. If it was almost anywhere in Europe I’d say no worries and I wish I’d traveled more when I could just put my daughter in a carrier and do everything I normally would have done.

But never to Mexico. And especially not to a destination wedding. It won’t be fun. Your wife will be stressed enough and you’ll likely be distracted with wedding festivities.

Gilly

Fuck around and find out - Kenoshan Proverb
OT Supporter
May 3, 2003
Chi-Town
I would't go to mexico with 12 body guards much less a baby

manimal

Customer User Title
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
Hevin
I have a 6 month old now, I would probably not even take her across state lines at this point personally :rofl: just too much can happen with a baby that young, idk....

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Dude I am in the exact same situation. I have two Mexico weddings in two months this spring and she will be 6 months. We are flying our father in law in to watch her for the first wedding, but she wants to take her for the second. I'm not comfortable with it at all. My wife gets so paranoid if I drop the pacifier at home and don't clean it. But she's OK with giardia

Reactions: manimal

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile