SRS Parity....

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
My mother told me of some sort of political movement within the mental health field. It is called 'insurance parity' or some such.

I never heard of it till this weekend. She says that basically it is forcing the medical insurance companies to have parity in coverage between physical problems and mental problems.

I have been thinking lately about a different kind of parity lately. Social parity.

There is this coworker. Not a friend. Just a girl that works in the same room as me (not even under the same manger, literally the same room is all we share).

Poor thing hurt her foot last week. Went through some rotten wood on her porch.
She won't stop talking about it. Won't shut up for a bleeding second on the subject. Oh god forbid, over the weekend she twisted her other ankle.

----------------

Meanwhile, I have been suffering my worst bought of depression in.... a year. Over the last 6 weeks I have had several days at work where it is all I can do to hold it all together.

But I dutifully scrunch it all up into a tight little ball, swallow it and pretend like nothing is wrong. I detest that. If I could just turn to someone and be like, 'Hey I need to talk just so I can feel better...' it would be helpful.

Today has been especially bad.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
You're a man. You're supposed to shut up and deal with it. It doesn't matter whether it's a physical or mental problem you have. Hooray for gender stereotypes.

TS
TS

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
You're a man. You're supposed to shut up and deal with it. It doesn't matter whether it's a physical or mental problem you have. Hooray for gender stereotypes.

And I do, I do.
Hence my bitchiness about it here.

The gender stereotypes is definitely 50% of it.

But I have bee told a story on several occasions about an ex night time operator that had schizophrenia (or something) and pretty much got fired from the job and ended up at an 24 hour facility of some kind.

I think the entire thing happened only a couple of years ago.

I am scared to death of what could happen if they found out my past.

I was lucky at my old job. I worked very closely with some very good friends. But here.... people are nice enough.

Anyways, this is just the depression talking. Tomorrow I will read this and be all like, 'ouch. I need to learn when to shut the fuck up.'.

TS
TS

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
That sucks, are you sure they can fire you on medical grounds?

Well no, they can't say, 'You have been seeing a shrink for the last 7 years. Out the door you go!'.

I would have quite the lawsuit.

But...
my coworkers could decide they don't trust me. Talk behind my back. That sort of shit.

TS
TS

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
Yesterday was just evil. The difference a day can make.

I swear to God I have split personalities or some shit.

redliner

Aug 14, 2004
everyone has there days. just try to change things up abit now and then. life can sometimes become so routine. you married ? have kids ? just go do something with someone close to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor