SPORTS Paul Daley vs. John Alessio *spoilers*

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
From the opening bell, the British welterweight used a wide array of leg kicks to wear down Alessio in the standup exchanges. Alessio managed to get the fight to the ground, but could not take advantage from there.

In the second set, Alessio failed with an ankle pick, which left him wide open for Daley to connect with three huge left hands that crumpled Alessio on the ropes. Referee Jon Braak called a halt to the action 2:18 into the second round.

"I saw from his fight with Thiago Alves that leg kicks could work on him so I went with them right from the start -- mostly low but I threw a few high ones as well," said the 25-year-old Daley. "I knew he was going to strike for a bit to set up the takedown so I used that to my advantage."

Daley, who missed weight by four pounds the day before and had to forfeit 25 percent of his purse, said his next bout will be in January -- either for Sengoku or Affliction.

While Daley said he would like to return to the MFC someday, he conceded that "20 hours on a plane is brutal. I hate these long flights to North America."

Daley has got a great future ahead of him, with his ability to mimic Alvez on the feet and in the sauna, he will do big things.

Seriously though, I really like this guy and the UFC should really get him if they want to build their UK fan base.

teep

Mar 7, 2006
missed weight by 4 pounds? what the fuck. thats not even trying.

Sammo

Jan 5, 2005
Southern Canada
Daley has got a great future ahead of him, with his ability to mimic Alvez on the feet and in the sauna, he will do big things.

Seriously though, I really like this guy and the UFC should really get him if they want to build their UK fan base.
10/10

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
the card was kinda boring.

The previous card had 3 guys fighting from my hometown and all 3 won. 2 relatively unknown guys.

and then ryan ford whose 9-1 or maybe 10-1 now i cant remember when he fights next

and i cant believe hollett lost

Sammo

Jan 5, 2005
Southern Canada
Hollett lost? Pretty crazy, I thought he was only a couple of fights away from the UFC...I guess that's going to have to wait

Redneck Shinobi

Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that
Oct 27, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:rofl::bowdown:Method fighting. I actually copy a lot of peoples moves when I spar with them. If they throw something fancy I'll usually return it later.

teep

Mar 7, 2006
fucking 16 year old high school wrestlers will cut weight every week and never miss. if you're a professional fighter what excuse, aside from injury, could you possibly have? he knew he had a long ass flight ahead of him. so you fucking plan for it. cut most of it beforehand and just be miserable on the plane. get to where you're going early. spit in a fucking cup for 20 hours. do something. over by four pounds is ridiculous.

Rommel

friends forever
Jul 31, 2001
/yourself now
That fight must basically be a rep builder only.

I bet after tax, the purse deduction, and the exchange rate he won't be left with much at all.

He's a fairly exciting fighter, though. He's got some vicious kicks and knees.

energie

Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
Hollett lost? Pretty crazy, I thought he was only a couple of fights away from the UFC...I guess that's going to have to wait

ya lost to emanual newton.

oh well my boy jesse clarke won again and ford didnt fight this fight cause he pulled his MCL or somethin

energie

Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
That fight must basically be a rep builder only.

I bet after tax, the purse deduction, and the exchange rate he won't be left with much at all.

He's a fairly exciting fighter, though. He's got some vicious kicks and knees.

my friend got offered a contract to fight in MFC 4 fights.

He would get 1000/fight and 1000/win

But he has no professional or amateur fights. He's friends with Mark Pavelich's younger brother and the owner heard he got into fights alot

so they told him to start training and give him a call back when he thinks he's ready :mamoru: or so he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan