TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
I think what sucks for me the most about his death is that he's by all accounts the complete opposite of your stereotypical tool bag Hollywood celeb. People that have met him have said he's a really nice and down to earth guy, and the fact that he was into so much charitable work really makes me go :hs:

:werd:

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
It's truly amazing the impact that the guy had on his fans. For some reason many people somehow feel connected to the guy without ever really knowing him.

My belief is that there are some people/souls that others just feel connected to. His friends described him as "pure light" and I think that's probably the best description. Good looking guy, had the world going for him, yet he was still down to earth and acted like a "regular" person. How many of us would have his modesty after experiencing the type of success he's had?!? Not many.

With all of his charity work and the positive impression that he left on anyone who's ever met him the world really lost one of the "good guys" in PW. This truly is a great tragedy.

guys like him cuz he was a car guy and a good guy

girls just wanted to fuck him

sluts.

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
article-2516403-19C60CAA00000578-574_964x634.jpg

http://localtvwjw.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/walker4.jpeg[/IM G][/QUOTE]

shit man, seeing that :wtc:

as rich and fortunate as these people are, they're still human :o

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
In the interview with his friend that was using the fire extinguisher to try to and put out the fire, he was already unconscious when he got there. :dunno:

since trauma was a factor in the death, i wonder if he would have died anyway, even if there hadn't been a fire.

autopy said driver died on impact and fire wasnt a factor, so it's likely that Paul would have also died eventually, but fuck...burning to death is just...a really, really shitty way to go.

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
I care because we had a similar interest and he was a great guy and role model.

Exactly. And because most of us have done what he did, jumped at a chance to get a ride in an awesome car that you knew full well the owner was going to drive it at least a little above the speed limit. But 99.9% of the time its just a really fun ride.

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Exactly. And because most of us have done what he did, jumped at a chance to get a ride in an awesome car that you knew full well the owner was going to drive it at least a little above the speed limit. But 99.9% of the time its just a really fun ride.

:werd:

also shows how down to earth he was, being excited to ride in the CGT, when he could have easily bought one...hell, two or three of them :rofl:

same thing with the whole visiting the Mines shop in Japan and driving the R35

he just really liked cars. :hsd:

Eastwood

Aug 16, 2004
SoCal
I liked Paul from when he was in Meet the Deedles :rofl: I thought he was going to be the new blonde hair, blue eyed Keanu Reeves after that movie.

Always been into cars, the R34 Skyline GT-R is my favorite...which made me a bigger fan of Paul :wtc:

Redliner567

May 5, 2001
St. Louis
I keep asking myself if I were as bummed about this if he went to some club, got into an altercation and got shot.

Or, if he was going to do some movie stunt and something went wrong and he got killed that way.

Or if he just had a heart attack.

I don't think I would because at least there is some rhyme and reason to those. Those three things could happen to anybody. Anybody making action movies that is, obviously.

But dying like he did. Just going for the ride. I mean, if somebody called him to do something just as he was opening that Porsche's door and he closed it and went away, none of this would happen. If he, I dunno, tripped and broke his leg or something, that's still be a good outcome. Hell, if he got food poisoning and spend the whole day in bed blowing chunks, it'd still be better way to spend the day

What a FUCKED UP LOTTERY to win.:mad::mad::mad:

Luckiest/un-luckiest guy in the world? Blessed with great genetics, great actor. I know he was known as a "shitty actor", but still did Hollywood blockbusters. Who cares if you weren't the best. The point is just doing them and making bank.

He did that.

Very unfortunate. Haven't read much of the thread. Any speculation on how fast they were going?

And how bad does it suck that you weren't even the one driving. To have all that taken away because it was in someone else's hands. Just turrible. (Barkley voice)

Crunks

Sep 14, 2003
Washington
I liked Paul from when he was in Meet the Deedles :rofl: I thought he was going to be the new blonde hair, blue eyed Keanu Reeves after that movie.

Always been into cars, the R34 Skyline GT-R is my favorite...which made me a bigger fan of Paul :wtc:

Keanu and Paul seem like such chill dudes :hs:

Werd on the R34 :o

darkninja.666

Jun 18, 2012
Santa Cruise
Especially watching the vid, seeing the dad cried, and the wedding pics where he was still on this earth last week

Fuckkkkkkkk

I m sure there are other more concerning and sad things evolving us, but this just sucks so bad

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Anyone still sadden by this? Everytime I come back to read more in this thread, my heart sinks

:hs:

It's because anyone that's met him or knew what he did sees him more as a person than a big-time actor :o

Seemed to be able to connect and talk with people more than just on a superficial level instead of like a "hey, i'm big time hollywood actor man -- fuck you, but here's a hello for your time, so it's a story you can tell your friends"

it's funny because there was a thread on OT recently calling people faggots for being affected or saddened by celebrity deaths, and then this happens :hs:

and quite honestly, this has probably been the only actual celebrity death I've been even remotely saddened by.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec