Paul Walker dead

TriShield

Jul 6, 2001
Houston, TX
Many of you should recognize this guy.

http://gawker.com/i-was-friends-with-both-paul-and-roger-and-they-were-b-1476829716

I was friends with both Paul and Roger, and they were both just epically wonderful people. I've seen them both do unbelievable things for their friends, myself included, as I was invited to several of Paul's track days (a small token, I know, but it's not like I'm out there renting race tracks).

His fucking smile, I still remember, the first time I rolled up in my Raptor. He had bought the 5.4 engine one, and when he saw the "6.2L" badge on the side of mine, he just bounded over like Tigger or something and jumped right up in it, and was asking me all kinds of questions about it, nodding in approval, even though he literally had the exact same truck with a different motor. The smile was just always there, it never ended, especially at the race track. Especially when he pointed at his line of cars and just said "pick one. go have fun."

Roger too, same thing. Roger had the world's largest (that I know of) collection of Saleen cars. Last time I saw him, a month or two ago, it was like, "yeah man, take one. whichever one you want. go make a film, have fun." Even though I'd only hung out with him a few times, he was just like that.

I haven't said much about Paul and Roger so far, since we weren't that close, and I saw no need to make it about me. But god damn if i haven't been sad as fuck this whole week knowing I won't ever get to see either of their smiles again. The world is a little darker now, because they aren't here to light it.

ku-medium.jpg

His movies were cheesy and Paul would be the first guy to sit around the race track at the end of a day in the sun drinking a beer and making fun of himself. The dude collected millions making cheesy movies so he could spend the rest of his time doing marine biology on the beach in Hawaii, off-roading in Santa Barbara, or at the race track driving his Porsches. There's cash in cheesy, enough cash that you can literally spend the other 10 months a year guaranteeing you're doing something that makes you smile. Gangster as fuck.

sushtsi

OT Supporter
Jun 27, 2003
FF6 dvd is using him & his charity for promo :rofl:

With the DVD scheduled to release on Dec 10th from a long time ago, what do you suggest they do? Ignore his death? Cut all marketing?

The way I see it, at least Paul's charity is getting something out of this. It's a bad situation all around, the only good that can come of it is more attention/donations to Paul's charities.

BlueadderGTP

Ragin Cajun?
Apr 13, 2001
Acadiana
That movie was basically my life from 16-20. It launched a real passion for cars which grew into a business I later sold. Say what you want about the movies but I have seen the original so many damn times. It's weird to think Brian earl spilner is no more

It truly is amazing how someone you've never met can affect you like this. The fiance(still drives her Lancer that she got around the time of 2Fast which came with all sorts of 2Fast swag) and I were talking about this earlier. It was our young adult life. It did in some way have some bearing in molding who we are. As much as people want to clown on the movies, they really left a huge mark on popular culture.

And then one of my neighbors is a doctor that actually volunteers for Paul Walker's charity Reach Out Worldwide. He was with him when they went to Chile. He came back from that and told me that Paul Walker "truly is one of the good ones."

Last edited:

BlueadderGTP

Ragin Cajun?
Apr 13, 2001
Acadiana
if it benefits the charity, the other stars of the series, and focuses attention on the causes he supported - good

I don't see any problem with this. The people that were going to buy it are still going to buy it. The people that weren't going to buy, still aren't going to buy it. Now his charity makes a little money out of it. :dunno:

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
That movie was basically my life from 16-20. It launched a real passion for cars which grew into a business I later sold. Say what you want about the movies but I have seen the original so many damn times. It's weird to think Brian earl spilner is no more

:werd: I was in my early 20s and enjoying my side of the ricers vs domestics fun. The movies will always be good campy fun for me, now tinged with a bit of sadness. Seems like he was one of the rare good guys in Hollywood, a genuine car guy, and I would have liked to have spent a day bullshitting about cars and the outdoors with him.

A lot of people talk shit about crappy movies and who cares about an actor... but it does seem like the world has lost a person who did more good than most, and that's sad.

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Many of you should recognize this guy.

http://gawker.com/i-was-friends-with-both-paul-and-roger-and-they-were-b-1476829716

I was friends with both Paul and Roger, and they were both just epically wonderful people. I've seen them both do unbelievable things for their friends, myself included, as I was invited to several of Paul's track days (a small token, I know, but it's not like I'm out there renting race tracks).

His fucking smile, I still remember, the first time I rolled up in my Raptor. He had bought the 5.4 engine one, and when he saw the "6.2L" badge on the side of mine, he just bounded over like Tigger or something and jumped right up in it, and was asking me all kinds of questions about it, nodding in approval, even though he literally had the exact same truck with a different motor. The smile was just always there, it never ended, especially at the race track. Especially when he pointed at his line of cars and just said "pick one. go have fun."

Roger too, same thing. Roger had the world's largest (that I know of) collection of Saleen cars. Last time I saw him, a month or two ago, it was like, "yeah man, take one. whichever one you want. go make a film, have fun." Even though I'd only hung out with him a few times, he was just like that.

I haven't said much about Paul and Roger so far, since we weren't that close, and I saw no need to make it about me. But god damn if i haven't been sad as fuck this whole week knowing I won't ever get to see either of their smiles again. The world is a little darker now, because they aren't here to light it.

ku-medium.jpg

His movies were cheesy and Paul would be the first guy to sit around the race track at the end of a day in the sun drinking a beer and making fun of himself. The dude collected millions making cheesy movies so he could spend the rest of his time doing marine biology on the beach in Hawaii, off-roading in Santa Barbara, or at the race track driving his Porsches. There's cash in cheesy, enough cash that you can literally spend the other 10 months a year guaranteeing you're doing something that makes you smile. Gangster as fuck.

The one time I met Matt Farah he seemed like a dick, but most said he's an okay guy.

I have him as an FB friend and a year or so back he was talking about renting a lambo for his 10th year HS Reunion :ugh2:

m3 bavaria

Come again?
May 3, 2001
texas
The one time I met Matt Farah he seemed like a dick, but most said he's an okay guy.

I have him as an FB friend and a year or so back he was talking about renting a lambo for his 10th year HS Reunion :ugh2:

He seems like the kid whose parents had money and he's still living off that "image"...

TS
TS
Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
He seems like the kid whose parents had money and he's still living off that "image"...

Probably. He just gave off a kinda douchey vibe, but seemed like he was cool with people that knew him.

Coincidentally, I also met him at AE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec