Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lolerskates, Apr 6, 2008.
anyone use this, does it actually work?
Without even looking at it, I can tell you it doesn't work.
If you want to speed up your computer, you should:
1. Delete all temp files and empty the Recycle Bin.
2. Remove any programs you never use, and delete any other garbage left over from programs you've removed.
3. Delete unnecessary programs from the Startup folder in the Start Menu.
4. Run MSConfig.exe and shut off unnecessary programs in the Startup tab.
5. Run Services.msc and shut off anything you know you don't need.
6. Defrag your hard drive.
it's just another pc tune up utility.
it does work. basically, it does everything what deus said (maybe less, maybe more) in one utility.
the thing is,... you can do all that shit for free if you know how.
OMFG I'VE GOT TO GET THIS PROGRAM...LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE.
Was that on the site?
agreed, but use something like 0&0 defrag instead of the included windows defrag
+ a spyware/virus scan
if all else fails, reinstall windows
I like Norton Speed Disk, whatever you may think of the rest of Symantec's products, it does a good job.
Never used O&O Defrag. I might give it a try if/when my old Norton 2003 CD doesn't work on whatever version of Windows I'm running at that point.
A virus and spyware scan is a good idea too, I suppose, but if he really had any, he'd be complaining about specific problems he's having.
No way would I install that on my machine. If it were a respectable product from a low-budget company, they wouldn't bother with animated GIFs.
yeah the gif made me laugh
i wasn't gonna buy it but i ran across it the other day and just figured i'd find out what people had to say about it
if you want one, I'd recommend this one: