GAME PC Crew: Controllers?

W3rd

Jan 29, 2005
What do you guys recommend for a controller or joystick aside from keyboard and mouse?

Is Sidewinder still hotness or logitech or what?

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005
xbox 360 controller. You can't beat it.

Plus many games will immediately recognize the controller and you can switch freely between the controller/keyboard without going to the options. Also works for every last thing I've ever tried including all emulators. Xpadder (small program) is useful for mapping new controls to buttons you can't set within the game.

Example: Dead Space 1/2 - If you like playing with the controller do so but if you find yourself in a bind just drop it in your lap and start using the keyboard/mouse.

You can get the wired one or the wireless one, but you have to buy the wireless thing from microsoft's website to use a wireless one.

Don't know about joysticks (like arcade/flight sim joysticks).

TS
TS
W3rd

W3rd

Jan 29, 2005
xbox 360 controller. You can't beat it.

Plus many games will immediately recognize the controller and you can switch freely between the controller/keyboard without going to the options. Also works for every last thing I've ever tried including all emulators. Xpadder (small program) is useful for mapping new controls to buttons you can't set within the game.

Example: Dead Space 1/2 - If you like playing with the controller do so but if you find yourself in a bind just drop it in your lap and start using the keyboard/mouse.

You can get the wired one or the wireless one, but you have to buy the wireless thing from microsoft's website to use a wireless one.

Don't know about joysticks (like arcade/flight sim joysticks).

I use a Dual Shock 3.

I just picked up ARMA 2, so something that would make piloting easier. I do have my DS3 I could use for a pad, but I'd think a stick would be better for flying.

Der SchattenJager

Kupo, asshat.
Mar 13, 2003
Dayton, OH
Nice one. Shits on sale on Amazon right now too :coolugh:

Does that mount on a desk out of the box or do I have buy a kit?
The one I have (the non-Pro) mounts to a smooth surface via 4 suction cups on the bottom. Works well if you have a glass or metal desk. Doesn't work for my wood desk, though. It's heavy enough that it isn't really needed anyway.

Apparently there's a new Saitek system called the X-65F. If you can afford it, might be something to look into.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor