CREW Peloton crew ... v.Covid is gone, bike is still stationary

BAUCE

OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Highly recommend power zone programs, way more efficient then guessing cadence/resistance during regular classes
:h5: been doing this for years now. Works so much better than yoloing every ride when looking for performance gains.

BAUCE

OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
I'll try one tomorrow. Any recommendations
endurance if you want long zone 3 intervals (5+ minutes each)
power zone if you want medium length in zones 3,4 and some 5
power zone max short length in zones 5+

Olivia is my favorite instructor but Matt is the most experienced with PZ.

BAUCE

OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
you should do one of the power zone collections though. Intro to power zones is a good one to get started

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
I'll start tomorrow. Already see a 60 minute ride in there :rofl3:
I would imagine that Peloton keeps those rides pretty entertaining. My zwift rides are pretty darn boring. Nothing to really take your mind off the next interval, the interval your in or the burn you're feeling.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
I feel like I’m making actual progress vs the chaos that are the regular classes… like I feel like I could go bike 100 miles :rofl:

:h5: been doing this for years now. Works so much better than yoloing every ride when looking for performance gains.

endurance if you want long zone 3 intervals (5+ minutes each)
power zone if you want medium length in zones 3,4 and some 5
power zone max short length in zones 5+

Olivia is my favorite instructor but Matt is the most experienced with PZ.

you should do one of the power zone collections though. Intro to power zones is a good one to get started

I did a 60 min ride with Jess King today. She was nipping hard 😍

It’s actually “easy” also you spend a lot of time at “easy” paces so you become better at pedaling which leads to better outputs

I would imagine that Peloton keeps those rides pretty entertaining. My zwift rides are pretty darn boring. Nothing to really take your mind off the next interval, the interval your in or the burn you're feeling.
I'm through three weeks of the "Discover your Power Zone" class and it's pretty easy. I tried a 30 minute Olivia pop ride on my day off today and put in a similar average to what I was before the PZ training, and... It MIGHT be my imagination.... But I think it was easier. I'm really looking forward to these next two weeks and some longer/harder PZ rides.

Reactions: BAUCE

Relax Preppy

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Washington, D.C.
I'm through three weeks of the "Discover your Power Zone" class and it's pretty easy. I tried a 30 minute Olivia pop ride on my day off today and put in a similar average to what I was before the PZ training, and... It MIGHT be my imagination.... But I think it was easier. I'm really looking forward to these next two weeks and some longer/harder PZ rides.
The next level power zone program is even better… you’ll feel like you can do a triathlon :rofl:

Reactions: Samcanadian

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Yeah that’s the one, it’s a lot of 60min rides in zones 3, then more intense rides in 4-7
hamonicface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor