People who text you instead of emailing you about work-related questions

Swiftie

not a troll account
Jun 4, 2004
OKC
i can see why they would text you. probably have a month long backlog of emails.

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
The fucking worst is when they ping you on slack:

Them: Hi, Wolf
Me: Hi
Them: Quick call?
Me: .....
Me: What's up?
Them: I have a question about xyz
Me: Sure, what's the question?
Them: Can we have a call?
Me: :mad:

Just type your damn question into the chat!!!!!
For some reason these fuckers ALWAYS want to have calls about shit instead of sending an email or Slack chat. My suspicion is they don't want a written record of the conversation.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003

This and people who type a question into the subject line of an email without text in the body make me fucking rage.

TS
TS
mollywhop

mollywhop

Dick was moist as fuck
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains

For some reason these fuckers ALWAYS want to have calls about shit instead of sending an email or Slack chat. My suspicion is they don't want a written record of the conversation.

slack fucking sucks

what's worse is having slack, basecamp, smartsheet, etc. and not just a single repository/communication platform

Reactions: TomDlgns

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California

Eh, a lot of times it's easier to have a normal conversation than type shit out. Especially if you're confused about something and not really sure what you're trying to describe.

Like when my mom texts me technical shit, just fuckin call me because you definitely don't know what you're talking about, so let me talk you through it.

Reactions: Diesel66 and Nikuk

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
This and people who type a question into the subject line of an email without text in the body make me fucking rage.
Or even when they raise a JIRA ticket:

Subject: Deployment not working
Description: Our application deployment is failing for the past 3 days, please assist.

Doesn't include the name of the application, doesn't include a link to the deployment logs, doesn't even include the error message that the job is failing with.
Just "our application".

I swear to god, everyone should be required to work help desk for a year so they understand what it's like to work from customer tickets and experience the frustration of getting a ticket with no details provided. :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: AppropriateUsername
TS
TS
mollywhop

mollywhop

Dick was moist as fuck
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Theres no way 90% of that is actually directed to you
a good bit of it is automated messages (from basecamp for example when there is a discussion going on about a particular project) and maybe 10-15% are group e-mails but I get an obscene amount of email a day that requires individual responses, it's rough dude

Swiftie

not a troll account
Jun 4, 2004
OKC
Or even when they raise a JIRA ticket:

Subject: Deployment not working
Description: Our application deployment is failing for the past 3 days, please assist.

Doesn't include the name of the application, doesn't include a link to the deployment logs, doesn't even include the error message that the job is failing with.
Just "our application".

I swear to god, everyone should be required to work help desk for a year so they understand what it's like to work from customer tickets and experience the frustration of getting a ticket with no details provided. :mad:
It's almost as if the end user has nearly no technical expertise

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright 穢 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6