Performance trends. LS V8 or Turbo 4?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 8bit, Nov 23, 2015.

1. 8bit

8bit Member

The Nova seems more current in thinking. Recent cars have smaller turbo engines for emissions and economy, plus better handling with less weight in the nose. The old school way was more displacement and don't worry about the understeer!:big grin: Would anyone put a turbo 4 into a classic musclecar?;)

SEMA Nova 2.0T

e12 LS7 V8

e12 3.5L

Gremlin 401-XR

2. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

Ecoboost 4 cylinder maybe. With how light the LS engines are it just seems silly to not use one. The power they make will far more than make up the weight difference between it an a 4 cylinder engine and any decent coil over suspension is going to take the weight just fine and again the power the LS engine makes will more than make up any speed difference coming out of a corner/straight away if you're racing. Passing emission standards for a 60s car is going to be a walk in the park with an LS engine (assuming not California) and there who knows what standards. Hell our '73 Trans-Am with a 473 carbed engine reads almost non existent thanks to it being tuned properly.

3. rockstar b

rockstar b no OT Supporter

After growing up seeing 350s in everything and seeing LSs in everything for the past ten years or so, I'm always pleasantly surprised when it's something else. At shows, I'm to the point where I'm more interested in the stock slant-6 cars than I am the restomods with LS7s or whatever.

4. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

[y]KvVj0mVZvAE[/y]

skip to 7:37ish

5. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I can understand these feels. Of course one bonus of it is a properly built SBC will forever sound better than an LSx can ever sound.

[y]PRo6onNxdV0[/y]
    When this thing hits high RPM :wackit:
    And of course when one pegs a 10,000 RPM tach :bowdown:
    [y]z_LaAJMmR1c[/y]

6. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

Ls for life