TECH Photoshop Help: How to select an exactly pixel portion of a full image?

Tie5to

Aug 18, 2005
New York
One of my website's templates requires thumbnails to be a certain pixel ratio to display the image properly. I can't figure out how to select an exact pixel ratio from a larger image that I have for thumbnail purposes. For example if I have an original image at 800x600 but want to select a small portion of it at exactly 263x108 how can I make the 'box selector' tool to be exactly those proportions so that I can copy/make a new image out of that portion.

Hate Crime

Don't Hate
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Minnesota
Make a new empty template at the size you want, copy the image and paste it into your new one. Adjust it so you have the portion you want

TS
TS

Tie5to

Aug 18, 2005
New York
Make a new empty template at the size you want, copy the image and paste it into your new one. Adjust it so you have the portion you want
Jesus I swore I tried that before and it didn't work! I guess I was using the wrong cursor type to move the image to where I wanted it. Thanks

CodeX

or you simply drag the box until that size is displayed, then you can move the selection rectangle anywhere you want on the image without changing the dimensions of the selection.

Wolf68k

OT Supporter
Dec 18, 2003
Houston, Texas
Select the rectangle tool
In the toolbar across the top set Style to Fixed Size
Enter in the width and height you want
Click on the image and the rectangle is made, you can move it around to where you want but click+drag inside the selected area
Image->Crop
Save As or do whatever else you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448