TECH PHP Help

k2737

Nov 29, 2004
Ft Lauderdale
I want to display the contents of a database and have no trouble doing that but I need a nice way to navigate through all of the records in the database. There are about 1,000 records now so I want to have a navigation menu similar to OT's page menu. So something like:

1-25 26-50 etc

And have each being a link to displaying those records. Do you guys know of a online tutorial or even what something like that would be called to aid in my googling? :o

TS
TS
k2737

k2737

Nov 29, 2004
Ft Lauderdale
Unfortunately there isn't any type of ID or index for each record so they have to be counted. I found this link and I think it will help me do what I want...

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2000/11/02/next_previous.html?page=2

The problem I am having now is when I do the initial count something is timing out and it isn't finishing the query. The database is on an older machine and there are a ton of files stored in the database so I think I am going to have to figure out how to clean that up and fix the timeout issue first. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448