fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Ok gym bros question. Towards the end of my MTB rides (12 miles or so) my lower back starts to wear out and fatigue. With each hard pedal crank, I can felt it from the top of my butt and it extends vertically up towards my lower back and I feel the contraction.

I have terrible flexibility (quads/hamstrings are always tight. it’s hard for me to even try to touch my butt with my heels when stretching).

More hyper extensions or do you think it’s a lack in flexibility and/or hamstring/glute tightness which causes my lower back to over compensate early in my ride since its the first thing to go towards the end of my ride? My legs can definitely go much further but my lower back is what keeps me from doing more extended rides.

:dunno:
Litterally stop doing hyper extensions. You want your back to have less tone not more.

Do the opposite. Ab, oblique, hip flexor, split squat, left adductor. Tuck pelvis. Normal PRI shit.

If your hams are tight it's likely because they are in a lengthened position due to pelvis rotation. So you're habitually cranking them to take up the slack. You want to strengthen the opposite side to take up that slack.

Usually biking would put you in a nice flexed position. Maybe as you fatigue you start to extend, core fatigues, hip flexors fatigue? Could be all kinds of shit.

Reduce your distance and work back up.

See a good coach.

Maybe try shortening distance between handlobrase and seat, reduce top tube? Run a higher stem?

Reactions: aloe

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Ok gym bros question. Towards the end of my MTB rides (12 miles or so) my lower back starts to wear out and fatigue. With each hard pedal crank, I can felt it from the top of my butt and it extends vertically up towards my lower back and I feel the contraction.

I have terrible flexibility (quads/hamstrings are always tight. it’s hard for me to even try to touch my butt with my heels when stretching).

More hyper extensions or do you think it’s a lack in flexibility and/or hamstring/glute tightness which causes my lower back to over compensate early in my ride since its the first thing to go towards the end of my ride? My legs can definitely go much further but my lower back is what keeps me from doing more extended rides.

:dunno:
How often are you riding? I would get the worst lower back pumps/fatigue until I started riding more frequently and going longer distances.

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
so urolithin isnt a steroid and wont cause hormonal changes id need to balance with stuff like cycling or anything right?

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
Urolithin A improves muscle strength, exercise performance, and biomarkers of mitochondrial health in a randomized trial in middle-aged adults

Highlights
• Oral supplementation with Urolithin A increases muscle strength
• High dose of Urolithin A positively impacts exercise-performance measures
• An increase in mitophagy proteins in human skeletal muscle observed in parallel
• Supplementation is safe and increases circulating levels of Urolithin A

Where does this stand in regards to banned substances for sport? Is it considered performance enhancing in most mainstream sports?

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
Would @Ceaze recommend those xxx-aglutide diabetes medications for those with advanced type 2?

My dad is about to lose his big toe :hs:

Sugar is decent or so he tells me, not overweight anymore, has always been an athlete and gym rat.

Putting a stent in his leg soon to help circulation in that leg also.

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Would @Ceaze recommend those xxx-aglutide diabetes medications for those with advanced type 2?

My dad is about to lose his big toe :hs:

Sugar is decent or so he tells me, not overweight anymore, has always been an athlete and gym rat.

Putting a stent in his leg soon to help circulation in that leg also.

I'm not Ceaze, but yes. And metformin, if he's not on it already.

Reactions: SquirtRussel

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
isnt the supplement market full of just absolute trash? i dont see why it shouldnt be regulated

Reactions: Menger

Neo22

Dec 20, 2003
The land of confusion
Urolithin A improves muscle strength, exercise performance, and biomarkers of mitochondrial health in a randomized trial in middle-aged adults

Highlights
• Oral supplementation with Urolithin A increases muscle strength
• High dose of Urolithin A positively impacts exercise-performance measures
• An increase in mitophagy proteins in human skeletal muscle observed in parallel
• Supplementation is safe and increases circulating levels of Urolithin A
Pretty soon you'll be selling turkesterone

• Barf
Reactions: Ceaze

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingdee