aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Litterally stop doing hyper extensions. You want your back to have less tone not more.

Do the opposite. Ab, oblique, hip flexor, split squat, left adductor. Tuck pelvis. Normal PRI shit.

If your hams are tight it's likely because they are in a lengthened position due to pelvis rotation. So you're habitually cranking them to take up the slack. You want to strengthen the opposite side to take up that slack.

Usually biking would put you in a nice flexed position. Maybe as you fatigue you start to extend, core fatigues, hip flexors fatigue? Could be all kinds of shit.

Reduce your distance and work back up.

See a good coach.

Maybe try shortening distance between handlobrase and seat, reduce top tube? Run a higher stem?
I actually don’t do any hypers right now. Gonna work on hip flexion as pointed out earlier

I ride about once a week sporadically so it’s probably due to distance and that I don’t ride enough. I also do want to raise my bars up some to get some additional height to them

Reactions: DontRevMe

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Urolithin A improves muscle strength, exercise performance, and biomarkers of mitochondrial health in a randomized trial in middle-aged adults

Highlights
• Oral supplementation with Urolithin A increases muscle strength
• High dose of Urolithin A positively impacts exercise-performance measures
• An increase in mitophagy proteins in human skeletal muscle observed in parallel
• Supplementation is safe and increases circulating levels of Urolithin A
Baseline VO2max and BMI looks like the participants are not very physically active, so I would expect wider variation in results than a study of athletes. However the outcomes look promising......but post trial non-significant PPO and VO2 max scores aren't great either. Not exactly sure what to think of this

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
She says they told her it’s from years of competitive swimming that have caused an imbalance and it “can’t be fixed”

Ya this is just normal body mechanics from normal human asymmetry.

1. Get a real good o-lifting coach
2. Do PRI

Generally everyone wants to shift their weight to the right foot. You can see it when people squat. This either shows up as the whole body shifting to the right, or it shows up as a counter clockwise rotation (looking at the floor) which puts the ass closer to the right foot.

Long term you're attempting to get more left adductor work and more right glute activation to shift the weight back over the left heel.

You could try like an RNT split squat with a band around the waist. Band gently pulls you to the right as you squat. You must then force yourself back to the left to stay balanced.

Whole bunch of this, like 2x per day. Do a little bit of it as a warmup before o-lifting as well.

Then a bit of this 2-3x per week. Note you're only going to pull from this direction. Do the other side without a band or go around the hips, but still always pulling from the right. Very light pull.

All kinds of other normal PRI shit would be appropriate if prescribed by someone who knows it which I don't.

You can also just practice a normal squat but intentionally shift your weight over the left foot. You will be weaker in this position, and that's why you shift away from it. Reducing load may also help to correct her shift.

Reactions: KingGargantuan

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Ya this is just normal body mechanics from normal human asymmetry.

1. Get a real good o-lifting coach
2. Do PRI

Generally everyone wants to shift their weight to the right foot. You can see it when people squat. This either shows up as the whole body shifting to the right, or it shows up as a counter clockwise rotation (looking at the floor) which puts the ass closer to the right foot.

Long term you're attempting to get more left adductor work and more right glute activation to shift the weight back over the left heel.

You could try like an RNT split squat with a band around the waist. Band gently pulls you to the right as you squat. You must then force yourself back to the left to stay balanced.

Whole bunch of this, like 2x per day. Do a little bit of it as a warmup before o-lifting as well.

Then a bit of this 2-3x per week. Note you're only going to pull from this direction. Do the other side without a band or go around the hips, but still always pulling from the right. Very light pull.

All kinds of other normal PRI shit would be appropriate if prescribed by someone who knows it which I don't.

You can also just practice a normal squat but intentionally shift your weight over the left foot. You will be weaker in this position, and that's why you shift away from it. Reducing load may also help to correct her shift.

After doing rack pulls today, I felt the front side of my hip on my left side have some pain/discomfort in it after I’d re-rack and stand up (had to stand up slowly to avoid any sharp pain).

The left side is also the predominant side that gives my lower back issue when I ride (back left)

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
After doing rack pulls today, I felt the front side of my hip on my left side have some pain/discomfort in it after I’d re-rack and stand up (had to stand up slowly to avoid any sharp pain).

The left side is also the predominant side that gives my lower back issue when I ride (back left)

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think generally extension based exercises are probably a bad idea if you have any problems.

All of this stuff is pretty complicated, but if you have pain, chances are less extensor tone is part of the solution.

I’d move to machine squats, trap bar dl at most.

Do a bunch of the left adductor stuff above as a start.

You can call Cupples and he can actually coach you over zoom.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
it's a shitty angle but you can literally see her left elbow pointing at the ground

gunna bet her right elbow is externally rotated creating the unbalance and the helicoptering

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost