2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
That's awesome. Competing in masters would be cool as hell. What are your current pb's?

in CF I typically smoke the strength portions and get wrecked in the metcons, but have made noticeable improvements over the year. It's super humbling when they incorporate compounds or Oly movements into a WOD and the weight looks light but you quickly find out its a diff story when you have a 170bpm heart rate :rofl:

Pb as master are 113, 140 @ 89 but haven't seen close to these numbers in a few years. This year I competed a week after I blew out my back tying my shoe laces - yes, tying my show laces - and did 100, 126 just to get a total to qualify for worlds. Almost died jerking.

My doc did a testosterone test and it came back at 16.9 nmol/L which is in range, so no dice on test :(
As far as I know, it's hard to get a script for test in Canada.

For a while I was just like, if I’m going to feel like shit anyway, I might as well earn it by maxing out all the time.

As it turns out that makes things worse.

My coach has sworn to "quit me" if he catches me lifting heavier than he programs or doing all the other stuff I do (run, bike, bodybuild). It's good to have supervision.

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
U wild fam
I do what I do :hsd:

Gonna try max bench PR on my birthday Sunday. I really have zero goal except to be able to at least do 225 :rofl:

Been watching some good warmup and progression videos to prep for the day

Max I’ve done a few weeks ago was pushing up into 90s for reps on flat DB press (before 2.5 weeks off for a vacation lol)

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
My coach is a IFFB pro. His idea of training and yall’s are not the same apparently :rofl:
The outdated broscience/dumb shit that passes for tribal knowledge in this industry will never change, it just evolves, and usually lags far behind the real science. I follow guys on social media who do absolutely retarded shit but they have gorilla genes and/or are drinking tren through a straw so it doesn't matter.

Which isn't to say your guy isn't jacked or smart.

Reactions: 2000GT and aloe

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
My coach is a IFFB pro. His idea of training and yall’s are not the same apparently :rofl:

are you trying to be a body builder?

i have no interest in an entire day dedicated to arms especially at that volume

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
The outdated broscience/dumb shit that passes for tribal knowledge in this industry will never change, it just evolves, and usually lags far behind the real science. I follow guys on social media who do absolutely retarded shit but they have gorilla genes and/or are drinking tren through a straw so it doesn't matter.

Which isn't to say your guy isn't jacked or smart.
He’s definitely a different breed lol. He DL’d just over 900lbs a few weeks ago :run:

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
are you trying to be a body builder?
π•°π–›π–Šπ–—π–žπ–‡π–”π–‰π–ž π–œπ–†π–“π–™π–˜ 𝖙𝖔 π–‡π–Š 𝖆 π–‡π–”π–‰π–žπ–‡π–šπ–Žπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—, π–‡π–šπ–™ 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–“π–”π–‡π–”π–‰π–ž π–œπ–†π–“π–“π–† π–‘π–Žπ–‹π–™ 𝖓𝖔 π–π–Šπ–†π–›π–ž π–†π–˜π–˜ π–œπ–Šπ–Žπ–Œπ–π–™

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
For a while I was just like, if I’m going to feel like shit anyway, I might as well earn it by maxing out all the time.

As it turns out that makes things worse.
I posted about being sore all the time. I learned I’m the only one on OT who gets sore.

Nice to know one other person felt like shot once.

• Haha
Reactions: Ceaze

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingdee