$ean

Nov 1, 2013
I posted about being sore all the time. I learned I’m the only one on OT who gets sore.

Nice to know one other person felt like shot once.
I'm peaking for a national powerlifting meet, I am definitely always sore. It's better to just ignore it though :rofl:

Reactions: kenmei

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Pb as master are 113, 140 @ 89 but haven't seen close to these numbers in a few years. This year I competed a week after I blew out my back tying my shoe laces - yes, tying my show laces - and did 100, 126 just to get a total to qualify for worlds. Almost died jerking.

My doc did a testosterone test and it came back at 16.9 nmol/L which is in range, so no dice on test :(
As far as I know, it's hard to get a script for test in Canada.

My coach has sworn to "quit me" if he catches me lifting heavier than he programs or doing all the other stuff I do (run, bike, bodybuild). It's good to have supervision.

those are good #'s, i've been struggling to get back to where i was at but since i am not focusing on it now i don't worry too much. only once in a blue moon do we have strength workouts with oly lifts, typically they're integrated into a wod with light weight. careful with your back shiet, mine acts up every here and there and puts me out for 2-3 weeks. it's been a good while though, knock on wood.

lifting with coaches and programming is the smart way to go about it. sport is too technical not to

TS
TS
Ceaze

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
283672582_1046711176051109_4318803784172336766_n.webp

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
conventional - I'm horrible at sumo

must be all that prior training, when I used to try for big numbers I'd always pull sumo (eat butt), but now I never bother. And I also only double overhand just to keep it relative to the CJ

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
So I have been having some minor lower back pain lately that has prevented me from going heavy in dead’s the last month. After 20 years of deadlifting raw I finally decided to get a belt.

Two weeks ago had some pain that made me back off at 275. Now with the belt, pulled 425 easy af yesterday :rofl:

Should have done this years ago, and my excuse was I didn’t want a crutch for the real world, but now that I have a barbell at home I felt comfortable experimenting with belt position for a full hour before lifting heavier.

Complete game changer. Feel like I can pull over 500 again soon at this rate :x:

Will definitely need to practice, the increase in pressure makes me feel like bursting a blood vessel or getting a bloody nose is a real concern now lol.

Reactions: Buzz Killington

DontRevMe

Not today
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
So I have been having some minor lower back pain lately that has prevented me from going heavy in dead’s the last month. After 20 years of deadlifting raw I finally decided to get a belt.

Two weeks ago had some pain that made me back off at 275. Now with the belt, pulled 425 easy af yesterday :rofl:

Should have done this years ago, and my excuse was I didn’t want a crutch for the real world, but now that I have a barbell at home I felt comfortable experimenting with belt position for a full hour before lifting heavier.

Complete game changer. Feel like I can pull over 500 again soon at this rate :x:

Will definitely need to practice, the increase in pressure makes me feel like bursting a blood vessel or getting a bloody nose is a real concern now lol.
Now you can wear a belt and straps on arm day fam

• Haha
Reactions: SquirtRussel

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb

Sometimes a belt just changes your position and that’s enough to improve things.

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
Deadlifts are overrated. There I've said it.
All about goals and lifestyle I guess.

Like @Ceaze said if you’re into bodybuilding it could be unnecessary. For me it’s been my favorite movement for 20 years now to prevent injuries in sport, work, increase explosiveness, and the overall feeling of well-being and stability it gives my spine and core for up to a week after a good workout, the fact few movements recruit more muscle fibers than a deadlift, the list of benefits goes on and on for me personally.

Reactions: LLCoolK and Finest

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost