deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Try to get a good dose of protein (at least 20 grams) with every meal. If you're only eating three meals a day it should be 40+ grams.

And perform at least one exercise for every body part. Don't be the guy who only trains arms and chest.

If you wanted to do it optimally my suggestions would be:
- Track macros and use a diet app like MacroFactor
- Track your daily steps
- Get on a structured training routine
Thanks. I do want to work out each body part. I figured if I am going 5 days a week, I want to at least do 30 mins a day of cardio. And maybe 3 times a week of doing weights. So I figured focus on a different part each day I do weights. But I am open to changing things so I am doing it correctly.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Counting calories sucks but if you do it for a week or two, you won’t have to on an ongoing basis.

I eat the same breakfast and my lunch1/lunch2/dinner are all 8oz meat/vegetables/~300 calories carbs M-F with varying snacks in between so I don’t need to actually count.
Yeah, I eat pretty much the same thing every day during the week.

Yogurt in morning. Salad with extra veggies, some goat cheese, either crushed walnuts or sunflower seeds, and a lower cal dressing. I should really add a protein on top of the salad. When I get home, I usually have apple slices, soft cheese, and small serving of almonds. Sometimes I'll have a peanut butter sandwich on an oat/wheat bread. Dinner is usually a protein with veggies as well. Then I end the night with some fruit.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
Yeah, I eat pretty much the same thing every day during the week.

Yogurt in morning. Salad with extra veggies, some goat cheese, either crushed walnuts or sunflower seeds, and a lower cal dressing. I should really add a protein on top of the salad. When I get home, I usually have apple slices, soft cheese, and small serving of almonds. Sometimes I'll have a peanut butter sandwich on an oat/wheat bread. Dinner is usually a protein with veggies as well. Then I end the night with some fruit.
You are probably way under shooting your protein. I can send you a sample diet

Reactions: KingGargantuan

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Alright back from my vacation.....so I mentioned my water weight and quick gain/lose thing...Short version of my story is:

Weighed 283 at my recent high beginning of May
Down to 272 in 48 hours from losing water weight and poops
I got down to 260 last week after 5 weeks of lifting, eating well and some cardio
Went on vacation for a few days, ate vacation things, was outside in 100* Florida heat all day, all of the days and walked 30 miles over those few days on top of swimming for an entire day
So hey, I shouldn't have gained TOO much weight, I mean I didn't go THAT crazy with food while I was gone and got a shitload of activity and hopefully sweated water instead of retaining it

Came back and the next day I weighed 273 :eek3::madfawk::madfawk::madfawk::madfawk::crying::crying::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Now I've only got 2 weeks to look as good as possible when we all go out on the boat smdh

• Support
Reactions: obscure/renegade

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Can't remember who was asking about soreness, but it finally got me again.

Went on vacation, didn't work out. Been sick as fuck. Still have a cough, so it's been a long time since I've lifted.

DOMS dominating my legs the last two days.

• Support
Reactions: obscure/renegade

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Can't remember who was asking about soreness, but it finally got me again.

Went on vacation, didn't work out. Been sick as fuck. Still have a cough, so it's been a long time since I've lifted.

DOMS dominating my legs the last two days.
Speaking of soreness, I wanted to ask in here..

Should I be sore after a workout if im eating a shitload of protein etc? The only time I've been really sore is in the beginning when I wasnt getting near the amount of protein I thought I was, but thats another story.

I feel like I'm often in this weird spot where I'm not strong enough to throw around much weight and concentrate on reps more than pounds. I have rarely gotten that sore throughout the process.

MMJ4mil

Nov 19, 2007
USA
Get the dexcom you can get it prescribed or buy some pieces of it on eBay

also I use google note to track lifts.

Doing this has helped me with hypertrophy

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
Alright back from my vacation.....so I mentioned my water weight and quick gain/lose thing...Short version of my story is:

I got down to 260 last week after 5 weeks of lifting, eating well and some cardio
Went on vacation for a few days, ate vacation things, was outside in 100* Florida heat all day, all of the days and walked 30 miles over those few days on top of swimming for an entire day
So hey, I shouldn't have gained TOO much weight, I mean I didn't go THAT crazy with food while I was gone and got a shitload of activity and hopefully sweated water instead of retaining it

Came back and the next day I weighed 273 :eek3::madfawk::madfawk::madfawk::madfawk::crying::crying::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Now I've only got 2 weeks to look as good as possible when we all go out on the boat smdh
It's all about the food man. Start actually tracking calories and you will see not "THAT" crazy in your opinion is actually insane and no amount of exercise can counteract it.

Guarantee you were hitting 4k calories/day or something eating vacation food.

Reactions: MMJ4mil and CRaiNK

CRaiNK

ЧЕМПИОН
Feb 9, 2001
Vancouver-Moskva

You might want to consider circuit training + a serious look at your diet.
Obviously continue to do heavy lifts but I found to get shredded/lose weight cct training was the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost