sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Drinking enough water?

“Possible causes include drinking too little water, exercise (too much or too little), obesity, weight loss surgery, or eating food with too much salt or sugar. Infections and family history might be important in some people. Eating too much fructose correlates with increasing risk of developing a kidney stone”
tbh all i drink is water and 2 cups of green tea a day. ive always done pretty well with hydration

TS
TS
Ceaze

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
any of you develop kidney stones from high protein diets?

i actually think my issue is i kept up my supplements (vit c etc) but haven't been in the gym for 2 weeks due to my knee. dunno if a stone can develop that quickly

bp 106/78 tho :bowdown:

I wouldn't take a vitamin C supplement if you have kidney stones

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
any of you develop kidney stones from high protein diets?

i actually think my issue is i kept up my supplements (vit c etc) but haven't been in the gym for 2 weeks due to my knee. dunno if a stone can develop that quickly

bp 106/78 tho :bowdown:
No, but I've had 52 (53?) stones, all between 2008-2011. I cut out all soda, coffee, and sweet tea and they stopped. Have not gone back to any of that, either.

I haven't eaten less than 160g of protein daily in the last three years, but I've also been on top of my shit during that same time. At the same time, what works for or hurts one person may not affect another.

• Wow
Reactions: SquirtRussel

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
My father has had kidney stones and I had them back a few years ago when my diet was shit and I didn’t consume enough water.

Haven’t had an issue since the last surgery where they had to remove one. Had a stent in my weiner and it looked like it had an antenna while it was in….then when it came time to pull it out, the nurse ripped it out like she was trying to start a lawnmower :rofl: :wtc:

• Support
Reactions: obscure/renegade

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
My father has had kidney stones and I had them back a few years ago when my diet was shit and I didn’t consume enough water.

Haven’t had an issue since the last surgery where they had to remove one. Had a stent in my weiner and it looked like it had an antenna while it was in….then when it came time to pull it out, the nurse ripped it out like she was trying to start a lawnmower :rofl: :wtc:
If it makes you feel any better, since I had so many in such a short amount of time, I had to do a procedure for scar tissue removal.

Let that sit in your mind for a minute.

• Sad
Reactions: aloe
TS
TS
Ceaze

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
kysA5Ywl.png

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
1 year difference. Relaxed in all pics except abs in the mirror pic.

What did I change? I'm working out less and I cleaned up my diet. Fewer calories, more whole foods, less sugar, more protein. Just kind of eating cleaner but ensuring I hit 200g+ protein daily. I got 90% of this progress in the first 6 weeks. I had not been getting nearly enough protein.

progress7.png

IMG_8026.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds