Patrick Bateman

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
I think I need to bulk but my BF is too high to do that. So am I stuck in a permanent recomp deal? It isn’t the worst I guess. I just don’t need to be 250 fucking pounds.
You cant bulk if your bf is too high. Post a pic that is honest and I can try to assist you with what you should do IMO if you want. Hard to go off "im fat".

Reactions: Phil NJ

Patrick Bateman

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
Here’s a month ago before pic

Good news: youre WAY less fat than i imagined based on your post.

Whats your weight?

Bad news: based off that pic I'd do a 16 week diet, nothing extreme, I can write it out for you if you want, you need consistency. Once your abs are fully in and youre significantly leaner i'd bump the carbs and fats up slowly.

Bad news #2 definitely need more muscle but dont we all. Takes time. How long you been lifting? Age? Dick girth and size?

Still get some (most likely) weekend cheats in to enjoy your life like a normal person and shit.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Drenched shirt = good leg day
View attachment 260470
I was thinking while I did legs last week and could barely hit 12 plates on leg presses for 12x3 that Meanwhile ur over here throwing up 20 plates with enough volume to kill a gorilla. I could maybe do a single rep with 16 and I would probably have to crawl out of the gym. My spine would jump out of my back and run away if I tried 20. BRB killing myself

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore

Whats your weight?

Bad news: based off that pic I'd do a 16 week diet, nothing extreme, I can write it out for you if you want, you need consistency. Once your abs are fully in and youre significantly leaner i'd bump the carbs and fats up slowly.

Bad news #2 definitely need more muscle but dont we all. Takes time. How long you been lifting? Age? Dick girth and size?

Still get some (most likely) weekend cheats in to enjoy your life like a normal person and shit.
I think that’s great advice. You can do a nice slow diet in that timeframe, and since you still have some newbie gains in ya you may even still gain some muscle and strength.

This is what I was able to do in 4 months in 2020. No TRT at this time either, so subpar free test levels. A lot can be done with consistency

4E356599-0496-476F-ABE0-4AEBD76D4A1B.jpeg

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006

Whats your weight?

TDEE seems to be around 2100 calories fwiw. Started lifting last year for 6 months then stopped. Picked it back up like 6 weeks ago. Been eating at maintenance while trying to get 180g protein daily.

225, 37 years old.

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
I've been playing tennis for 1.5-2 hours 3-4 days a week and other the other days I switched to running three miles instead of doing P90X a little over a month ago. The running is making such a difference on the tennis court it's remarkable. Weight is melting off too since I tightened up my diet. I think I can finally get to 185 doing all this cardio. I stopped at 198 on my last push last year. I'm at 220 right now.

Last edited:

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
I think that’s great advice. You can do a nice slow diet in that timeframe, and since you still have some newbie gains in ya you may even still gain some muscle and strength.

This is what I was able to do in 4 months in 2020. No TRT at this time either, so subpar free test levels. A lot can be done with consistency

View attachment 260475
how much of a caloric deficit and what did your weekly routine look like?

Reactions: obscure/renegade

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
how much of a caloric deficit and what did your weekly routine look like?
So hard to track calories exactly but I ate very very clean with very few cheat meals. I got creative with some meals though like using low carb wraps and making pizza with them. I got Greg Doucettes pdf cookbook for free and used some of his recipes.

I did resistance training 4 days a week and cardio maybe 2 days? Didn’t do a lot of cardio back then.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
So hard to track calories exactly but I ate very very clean with very few cheat meals. I got creative with some meals though like using low carb wraps and making pizza with them. I got Greg Doucettes pdf cookbook for free and used some of his recipes.

I did resistance training 4 days a week and cardio maybe 2 days? Didn’t do a lot of cardio back then.
full body workout hit each part 2x a week? That’s pretty much my PPL now

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Has anyone ever done legs or arms so hard you had trouble driving? Like I've has manuals more than I've had automatics and I've done my legs so hard before that they would shake uncontrollably when trying to work the clutch. Or your arms and wings are so sore you have to use two hands to get a manual into reverse? Or the steering wheel hurts to turn? Or your legs were so sore the next day you have to brace yourself with your arms and then come slamming down onto the toilet? It only ever really happened that bad if I had taken a long break and then didn't exactly ease myself back into the first few workouts.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Has anyone ever done legs or arms so hard you had trouble driving? Like I've has manuals more than I've had automatics and I've done my legs so hard before that they would shake controllably when trying to work the clutch. Or your arms and wings are so sore you have to use two hands to get a manual into reverse? Or the steering wheel hurts to turn? Or your legs were so sore the next day you have to brace yourself with your arms and then come slamming down onto the toilet? It only ever really happened that bad if I had taken a long break and then didn't exactly ease myself back into the first few workouts.
I have a Stage II Monster clutch in my Camaro, and I don't drive it on leg days for the reasons you describe.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
full body workout hit each part 2x a week? That’s pretty much my PPL now
You working out at home still? If I was doing that I would just do full body workouts EOD 3 x a week. Just do like one exercise per body part for 3-4 sets. You’re gonna keep growing even with a slight deficit at the point you’re at.

Last edited:

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Has anyone ever done legs or arms so hard you had trouble driving? Like I've has manuals more than I've had automatics and I've done my legs so hard before that they would shake uncontrollably when trying to work the clutch. Or your arms and wings are so sore you have to use two hands to get a manual into reverse? Or the steering wheel hurts to turn? Or your legs were so sore the next day you have to brace yourself with your arms and then come slamming down onto the toilet? It only ever really happened that bad if I had taken a long break and then didn't exactly ease myself back into the first few workouts.
The worst DOMS I’ve ever had occurred when I was 16. I thought it would be a great idea to do 8 sets of lat pull-down to failure, all being drop sets.

I couldn’t lift my arms over my head for 5 days and had to forfeit my weight class in wrestling that week. Coach was so pissed

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza