Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
@Patrick Bateman i know you said you've tried therapy, but i think you need therapy m8. Maybe you just didn't vibe with your provider.

Let me know if you want the name of the NJ-based therapist my ex-gf used lol. Comes highly recommended.
Ok man thank you! I just have too much on my plate with my mom and work. But i will reach out to you asap when its time hopefully a month or two. I agree.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Ok man thank you! I just have too much on my plate with my mom and work. But i will reach out to you asap when its time hopefully a month or two. I agree.
They do video call therapy these days.. you don't have to commit hours of your day. Just have to hop on a call for 45 minutes or whatever instead of shitposting. But yeah, let me know.

Reactions: Phil NJ

Buzz Killington

๐–•๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–ˆ๐–†๐–›๐–Ž
I just donโ€™t do it cause anything over 3 plates I start to feel spine compression :down:
When I was in college (at c. 175) I used to do standing calf raises off a box with a camber bar working up to over 500.

500 straight down on my measly back

I'm sure that had nothing to do with my present back problems

• Sad
Reactions: obscure/renegade

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
When I was in college (at c. 175) I used to do standing calf raises off a box with a camber bar working up to over 500.

500 straight down on my measly back

I'm sure that had nothing to do with my present back problems
@Patrick Bateman thoughts on standing calf raises? Feels like thereโ€™s a lot of unnecessary stress on back and legs doing these versus seated

Anytime I do standing raises and I start to add more weight, I feel the stress/tension build up behind my knee. Not a fan of standing IMO

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
@Patrick Bateman thoughts on standing calf raises? Feels like thereโ€™s a lot of unnecessary stress on back and legs doing these versus seated

Anytime I do standing raises and I start to add more weight, I feel the stress/tension build up behind my knee. Not a fan of standing IMO

I have no problem with standindg, i alternate from seated to standing EOD, if your back hurts from standing calf raises chances are youre using too much weight man.

Bonus pic: my left calf last week, i do 1/4 the stack on my standing calf machine and max 2 45's on seated for 20+ reps per set with pauses, also i refuse to shave like a faggot if im not competing.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004

What setup you using for standing?

I usually do one leg at a time off the edge of a raised platform, hold a heavy kettlebell at my side, and stabilize myself with the other arm by grabbing a pole or wall or whatever

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
What setup you using for standing?

I usually do one leg at a time off the edge of a raised platform, hold a heavy kettlebell at my side, and stabilize myself with the other arm by grabbing a pole or wall or whatever
I literally have a standing calf raise machine and do both legs at the same time, what do you mean setup ?

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I literally have a standing calf raise machine and do both legs at the same time, what do you mean setup ?
I quoted @aloe, not you. I don't know how he was loading them.. machine, barbell on his back, etc. Maybe changing the way he loads them will resolve his pain.

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
fwiw, I went on a dreamer bulk as a young teen and walked around as a lard ass for a couple years before cutting down ~85 lbs. My calves have been great ever since. Little tip for you.
Listen there are some serious rewards from dirty bulking and holding a certain weight for 2-3 years, thats really how you get big.

Just at the expense of what? Your health, being a bloated water buffalo? Snoring? Hard time tying your shoes, etc. Hardest part is walking that line in Bb.

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
I quoted @aloe, not you. I don't know how he was loading them.. machine, barbell on his back, etc. Maybe changing the way he loads them will resolve his pain.
Standing calf machine with shoulder pads (no bar). Itโ€™s not really my back, but I start to feel it behind my knee at times. Part of me thinks itโ€™s using more body recruitment versus actually focusing on calves (much like I see when people do calves on a leg press machine)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright ยฉ 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022