Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
Standing calf machine with shoulder pads (no bar). It’s not really my back, but I start to feel it behind my knee at times. Part of me thinks it’s using more body recruitment versus actually focusing on calves (much like I see when people do calves on a leg press machine)
Pro tip: slightly bend knees for these if you dont already.

If you all havent noticed this is one of the few guys I watch on YT. Give it a look. May help.

• Love
Reactions: aloe

remmy

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2002
Chicagoland
Listen there are some serious rewards from dirty bulking and holding a certain weight for 2-3 years, thats really how you get big.

Just at the expense of what? Your health, being a bloated water buffalo? Snoring? Hard time tying your shoes, etc. Hardest part is walking that line in Bb.

Yea that was kind of a shitpost, I was literally just fat and happened to come out of it with decent calves...But i feel like the general perspective on bulking and cutting phases has kind of changed over the years. Unless you're truly dedicating a major part of your life to BB (including drug use), you're better off not trying to pack on a ton of mass in a relatively short window. I've seen a lot of people try to bulk and just end up being fat or ruining their physiques in the long-term.

Reactions: Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
Yea that was kind of a shitpost, I was literally just fat and happened to come out of it with decent calves...But i feel like the general perspective on bulking and cutting phases has kind of changed over the years. Unless you're truly dedicating a major part of your life to BB (including drug use), you're better off not trying to pack on a ton of mass in a relatively short window. I've seen a lot of people try to bulk and just end up being fat or ruining their physiques in the long-term.
Well said and I agree fully

Hood Moses

Halogen boi
Oct 4, 2001
NC
I have no problem with standindg, i alternate from seated to standing EOD, if your back hurts from standing calf raises chances are youre using too much weight man.

Bonus pic: my left calf last week, i do 1/4 the stack on my standing calf machine and max 2 45's on seated for 20+ reps per set with pauses, also i refuse to shave like a faggot if im not competing.

Nice Js

And calves

Yes homo

Reactions: Patrick Bateman

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
fwiw, I went on a dreamer bulk as a young teen and walked around as a lard ass for a couple years before cutting down ~85 lbs. My calves have been great ever since. Little tip for you.
Being a fatass helps build calves, that's for sure. Helped me.

Rowing keeps them in fantastic shape as well, while also knocking cardio out for the day.

Reactions: remmy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022