Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
So I’m up about 10 pounds in a little less than 4 weeks. I know I’ve increased some things to boost my test levels but I’m a little nervous that may be too much too soon.

Lifts are up. Shoulders feel good. Hunger is never satisfied. Sleep sucks though last few days.

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
no. not at all.
I don’t specifically try and target traps but the few occasions i do shrugs, I tend to stand upright and and shrug up and backwards (almost feels like a combination of reverse fly/shrug/mini shoulder row). I start with the weight down by my side and at the “top” of the movement, my hand is maybe 8” away from my body slightly “behind” the hands initial starting position, versus the video posted showing the guy tuck his head forward and shrugging straight vertical. Who knows what any traps I have are attributed to really.

My takeaway from the video posted is that you can’t build the neck (what he’s calling the “upper trap”) with a shrug and better off doing actual neck based movements as the muscle fibers in the video are at a steeper 📐 relative to the trap which is closer to a more horizontal position (which benefit from rows)

Thoughts @Patrick Bateman ?

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
I don’t specifically try and target traps but the few occasions i do shrugs, I tend to stand upright and and shrug up and backwards (almost feels like a combination of reverse fly/shrug/mini shoulder row). I start with the weight by my side and at the “top” of the movement, my hand is maybe 8” away from my body slightly “behind” the hands initial starting position, versus the video posted showing the guy tuck his head forward and shrugging straight vertical. Who knows what any traps I have is attributed to really.

My takeaway from the video posted is that you can’t build the neck (what he’s calling the “upper trap”) with a shrug and better off doing actual neck based movements as the muscle fibers in the video are at a steeper 📐 relative to the trap which is closer to a more horizontal position (which benefit from rows)

Ok, well that answers one question about that video. I've always sort of just thought your basic shrug movement was really the only way to hit your traps (The way you've described) and when buddy in the video went in-depth about upper traps etc I spaced a little, because it seemed a bit too in-depth for what I thought was a pretty simple, basic movement.

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
I don’t specifically try and target traps but the few occasions i do shrugs, I tend to stand upright and and shrug up and backwards (almost feels like a combination of reverse fly/shrug/mini shoulder row). I start with the weight down by my side and at the “top” of the movement, my hand is maybe 8” away from my body slightly “behind” the hands initial starting position, versus the video posted showing the guy tuck his head forward and shrugging straight vertical. Who knows what any traps I have are attributed to really.

Do i have to watch a video to answer this? Im not sure lmk

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022