patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
I like to lift with a 3:1 tempo, as that has done wonders for my strength. In order to do tempo properly, you have to breath the right way.

What's also nice about tempo is that, since you are taking ~4-5 seconds per rep (3 down, 1 pause, 1-2 up, you can't ego lift and bang out the set before you fatigue. Your ass will just fail.
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing the 3:1 tempo. I am on light weight currently just getting back into a routine and you were not kidding, its a game changer.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing the 3:1 tempo. I am on light weight currently just getting back into a routine and you were not kidding, it’s a game changer.
I’m happy that you found it useful! My coach, who is also one of my best friends, put me onto lifting this way, because I was not doing things the right way there for a minute. I was impatient, and tempo has made every single bit of difference, as you have said, and found.

Reactions: patina

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
active recovery day which means a nice slow 5k, maybe on a trail if I'm feeling froggy

tear up the gym for me my bois
I will not run on asphalt again for any reason, I only run in the woods. I’ve found it more challenging in terms of elevation changes and terrain changes, and there’s nowhere near as much impact on your knees and shins.

#opinionated

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026