Buzz Killington

𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖈𝖆𝖛𝖎
I mean I’m not trying to be an asshole here but you said “I feel bad for him” lol surely you can see how that might be taken a certain way. But more importantly - How can I know what the small stuff is if I don’t ask questions and then use that information to learn from experience? It’s not like I’m over here trying to eke out .5% greater efficiency from a movement or asking what supplement stack I should be on, I’m asking basic questions like what muscle groups certain exercises should be trained with, and asking for suggestions for specific movements for areas that are currently underdeveloped in my own physique. And I get answers based on the experience of others rather than just guessing at it which again helps keep me on the track of getting stronger and not hurting myself which is good since I’m historically injury prone coming from a running/endurance sport background. I understand that you are an expert on the subject matter but try to remember that very few of the other people posting itt are anywhere near your level and I freely admit I’m a newbie all over again this time around so I have nothing to do but learn
A2A59F85-29F5-4E70-98F7-E356026F8B07.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: GonadWarrior

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
I mean I’m not trying to be an asshole here but you said “I feel bad for him” lol surely you can see how that might be taken a certain way. But more importantly - How can I know what the small stuff is if I don’t ask questions and then use that information to learn from experience? It’s not like I’m over here trying to eke out .5% greater efficiency from a movement or asking what supplement stack I should be on, I’m asking basic questions like what muscle groups certain exercises should be trained with, and asking for suggestions for specific movements for areas that are currently underdeveloped in my own physique. And I get answers based on the experience of others rather than just guessing at it which again helps keep me on the track of getting stronger and not hurting myself which is good since I’m historically injury prone coming from a running/endurance sport background. I understand that you are an expert on the subject matter but try to remember that very few of the other people posting itt are anywhere near your level and I freely admit I’m a newbie all over again this time around so I have nothing to do but learn
woah woah woah pop your AI brother, that estradiol running a little high my emotional dude

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kenmei

radeon

Dec 5, 2004
Keystone
Need some help from y'all on how to change up my workout a bit

I work out at planet fitness most of the time because thats where my GF goes, I go to LA fitness when i work out solo, so keep that in mind

My workouts are something like this typically:

Chest/Tri:
DB Bench or DB Incline Bench - I havent been doing much incline bench, but i did 85lb DBs x 10 last weekend on a flat bench)
Dips
Core movement (ab crunch / oblique / back ext)
Pec Fly
Tricep Extension

Back/Bicep:
Assisted Pullup (Fat lol)
Assorted Row
Lat Pulldown
Bicep Curl

In general, i feel like I havent had a ton of grown in the size of my bicep, i think i need to add volume here because my biceps are seldom 'sore' after a workout, whereas my back usually is

Leg: Before you judge too much on this, i have L4/L5 + L5/S1 herniations so i'm always guarded and stick to machine work. If im working solo, i'll sometimes do hack squat instead of the leg press machine.
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Leg Ext
Glute
Hip Adduction
Hip Abduction

Writing it all out, I feel like I should probably add a 4th workout routine that's really dedicated to shoulders

Im aware that my routine kinda sucks, and want to try to change some things up. I typically do 3x10, but would also consider other variations there as well.

How might i change my routine some to see some more gains? Dont want to let my TRT go to waste lol

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County
If

I work out at planet fitness most of the time because thats where my GF goes, I go to LA fitness when i work out solo, so keep that in mind

Chest/Tri:
DB Bench or DB Incline Bench - I havent been doing much incline bench, but i did 85lb DBs x 10 last weekend on a flat bench)
Dips
Pec Fly
Tricep Extension

Back/Bicep:
Assorted Row
Lat Pulldown
Bicep Curl

In general, i feel like I havent had a ton of grown in the size of my bicep, i think i need to add volume here because my biceps are seldom 'sore' after a workout, whereas my back usually is

Leg: Before you judge too much on this, i have L4/L5 + L5/S1 herniations so i'm always guarded and stick to machine work. If im working solo, i'll sometimes do hack squat instead of the leg press machine.
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Leg Ext
Glute
Hip Adduction
Hip Abduction

Writing it all out, I feel like I should probably add a 4th workout routine that's really dedicated to shoulders

Im aware that my routine kinda sucks, and want to try to change some things up. I typically do 3x10, but would also consider other variations there as well.

How might i change my routine some to see some more gains? Dont want to let my TRT go to waste lol

1) how many sets of curls are you doing

2) if you want to prioritize a body part it makes no sense to do it last on a long day when you're pre-exhausted and mentally ready to go home. either move biceps up on that day or make a new day to put them first

Reactions: Samcanadian

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas

Chest/Tri:
Dips
Pec Fly
Tricep Extension

Back/Bicep:
Assorted Row
Lat Pulldown
Bicep Curl

Leg Press
Leg Curl
Leg Ext
Glute
Hip Adduction
Hip Abduction

How many sets? How many reps?
Focusing on the squeeze vs just slanging weights as fast as possible?
Eating enough?

radeon

Dec 5, 2004
Keystone
How many sets? How many reps?
Focusing on the squeeze vs just slanging weights as fast as possible?
Eating enough?

I'm typically doing 3x10
Could probably slow down a bit, but do try to focus on time under tension
I recently started wegovy and have generally been trying to cut calories, but i do try to prioritize protein and fat in my diet.

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
back to egg whites and chicken diet for a few days before I gain 32 lbs on thanksgiving

8281f9e4fee5e4425e15a069dd7c23ce514ef559.jpg

Reactions: Buzz Killington

remmy

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2002
Chicagoland
i only get sore glutes from isolating them on the hyper bench
i bought one for the home gym during covid so i could continue to sculpt the perfect buddex

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
I'm typically doing 3x10
Could probably slow down a bit, but do try to focus on time under tension
I recently started wegovy and have generally been trying to cut calories, but i do try to prioritize protein and fat in my diet.
You need to switch to doing a couple warmup sets and progressive loading weight until failure at 6reps.
Basically doing 3-4 sets of 10reps you're not loading enough weight on there

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman