Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
no but i would honestly love to move down there now that remote work is more commonplace.

too bad everybody else also got that memo and the shore is insane right now
I work and live in Ocean County so many people moved here in 2020-21. I myself lived in Middlesex county most of my life and moved here back in 2010.

Love living here though. Property taxes arenβ€˜t as bad. Still pretty close to everything. Love the ocean in general.

• Support
Reactions: Patrick Bateman

mollywhop

πŸ€™ Dick was moist as fuck πŸ€™
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
What are y’all doing for your current splits? I think I might be looking to up the frequency and lower the volume so I can try to start hitting muscle groups twice a week assuming I can get enough recovery in between. Maybe a PPL, I think a few of you are on that ride. I’m still seeing significant gains and I have not hit a plateau at all but I feel like I’m leaving a lot on the table still despite that

Reactions: obscure/renegade

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
What are y’all doing for your current splits? I think I might be looking to up the frequency and lower the volume so I can try to start hitting muscle groups twice a week assuming I can get enough recovery in between. Maybe a PPL, I think a few of you are on that ride. I’m still seeing significant gains and I have not hit a plateau at all but I feel like I’m leaving a lot on the table still despite that
Chest/shoulders
Overall Legs
Back
Arms
Rest
Hamstrings/supplemental back day
Rest

Repeat

• Support
Reactions: mollywhop

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County

1 Chest focused upper
2 Quad focused lower
3 Arm focused upper
4 Glutes focused lower
5 Back and biceps
6 Hamstrings, calves, and shoulders

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
1) Chest, Back, Shoulders
2) Cardio
3) Legs, Biceps, Triceps
4) Cardio
5) Repeat cycle

• Support

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
that's just @obscure/renegade hinting that you need to cut, too :mamoru:
giphy.gif

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
PPL is a lot of fun. I have gained good size and some serious strength as well.

The key for PPL is tempo. It facilitates finding failure in your weight & rep range in rapid fashion. you won't see lots of it here because this is the last week of the current program.

Once we've hit weight and rep goals, tempo gets pulled out for the most part in anticipation of deload week.

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

• Support

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
Chest
Arms
Back/shoulders
Legs
Abs when I feel like it

I constantly mix up the lifts for each day. Muscles are confused AF nawmean? There is no perfect splits, just eat and stick to it.

• Support

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Chest
Arms
Back/shoulders
Legs
Abs when I feel like it

I constantly mix up the lifts for each day. Muscles are confused AF nawmean? There is no perfect splits, just eat and stick to it.
I do this.. the "primary" lift of the day (e.g. bench) is mostly always the same, but I'll do whatever accessory exercises that I feel like doing

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County
PPL is a lot of fun. I have gained good size and some serious strength as well.

The key for PPL is tempo. It facilitates finding failure in your weight & rep range in rapid fashion. you won't see lots of it here because this is the last week of the current program.

Once we've hit weight and rep goals, tempo gets pulled out for the most part in anticipation of deload week.

View attachment 279316
View attachment 279317

i'm a huge fan of colorful programs

• Love
Reactions: obscure/renegade

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County
i wrote it out individually already but my current routine is basically this -- the exercises change and swap out somewhat frequently it's all based on patterns/targets, so i'll put the movement and my current rendition for fun.

Day 1 - Chest focused upper

Incline PushIncline Medium Grip Bench Press
Chest IsolationHigh Cable Flye
Horizontal PushFlat Dumbbell Bench Press
Rear or Side DeltsDumbbell Side Lateral Raise
Horizontal PullCable Row

Day 2 - Quad focused lower

QuadHack Squat
QuadLeg Extensions
Hamstring IsolationSeated Leg Curl
CalvesCalves on Calf Machine
AbsMachine Crunch

Day 3 - Arm focused upper

TricepsSkullcrusher
TricepsCable Overhead Tricep Extension
Horizontal PushMedium Grip Bench Press
BicepsEZ Curl
Vertical PullUnderhand Pullup

Day 4 - Glute focused lower

GluteSumo Deadlift
GluteGlute Kickback Machine
QuadLeg Press
CalvesSmith Machine Calves
AbsV-Up

Day 5 - Back focused Upper (really just back and bis)

Vertical PullParallel Pulldown
Vertical PullWide-Grip Pulldown
Horizontal PullChest Supported Row
BicepsHammer Curl
BicepsCable Rope Twist Curl

Day 6 - Ham Calf Shoulder

Hamstring Hip HingeLow Bar Good Morning
CalvesStair Calves
Front DeltsArnold Press
Rear or Side DeltsCable Facepull
TrapsDumbbell Shrug

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman