After four months of job hunting I have three offers and need to make a decision this weekend.
- Project Management Director. IC role leading cross-functional teams and vendors.
- $140K + 20% annual bonus target
- Transformation projects rolling out a consolidated ERP system for a larger company that has gone through a bunch of acquisitions
- Originally told me it was a hybrid 3 days onsite / 2 days work from home, later renegged and said mostly onsite. I feel bait and switched.
- "Old school" culture and benefits - cubicle life in some strip mall office. Not great benefits. 15 days PTO. I foresee drama and headaches.
- I already accepted and supposed to start Monday, so bridges will be burned if I change my mind
- Program Manager (they might update to Sr. Program Manager in updated offer). IC role leading cross-functional team.
- They told me they would update to $150K + 5-10% annual bonus target by COB Thursday. It didn't come through and told me again it would come today... still waiting on updated offer.
- Custom development projects for clients related to cloud/data/AI/ML... smaller company just past startup mode, maybe 150 people
- Remote work
- Unlimited PTO, great benefits, modern tech culture seems good and boss seems like a great guy to work for
- Will the updated offer they promise come this weekend...?
- Head of Project Management. Currently no direct reports but opportunity to build a department if company grows.
- $140K + "Discretionary" bonus with no specific target. Boss said they want to firm this up later but potentially 10-20%, could be more than that at my level but he can't guarantee it. He said he already overreached his budget to get me but I asked again to consider a $5-10K bump to avoid taking too big of a haircut and he said he would double check.
- SAAS startup in a Fintech type of space company, reporting directly to the COO. Lead some platform dev and customer implementations.
- Stock Options: Not sure how to interpret value yet, awaiting details. 85 shares, value equivalent to 50% of annual salary. Vest over a 4-year period.
- Remote work
- Unlimited PTO, great benefits, great culture the boss and everyone seem really laid back.
- Would be my top choice but is it worth the risk gambling on a startup that is an unknown commodity and having what is probably the least enticing offer financially?