• Job C

Votes: 28 40.6%

• Total voters

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Now that more details have come out ITT I change my vote to B or hanging around for a much higher base pay given the seniority of the role.

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
If you still have money saved to live on and haven't been unemployed for too long or are still employed why not stick it out? The job market it hot. You make your money on the initial hire. And this salary will set the base for your next one
Need to get back to work, been unemployed for four months and burned through a lot of cash :o

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Salaries all look low. Nevertheless, they are all close enough that I'd choose solely based on how you got along with your future boss during the interviews

Reactions: bearsdidit

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
C is not public? So the options have no value?

I would go with B as it would be a more stable position. If you were 20 years younger, C would be fun, but at my age I have no interest in "startup culture" :yikes:

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
C is not public? So the options have no value?

I would go with B as it would be a more stable position. If you were 20 years younger, C would be fun, but at my age I have no interest in "startup culture" :yikes:
No not public. I would assume yes they need to hit IPO to convert.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Yea I mean it would be head of a great department... Full of great talent comprised of myself.

Obviously title doesn't mean too much in that situation. Could grow into something big or could fizzle out.
Do you have family which is dependent on your income?

Do you have adequate savings to survive if C goes out of business in 6 months?

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
Do you have family which is dependent on your income?

Do you have adequate savings to survive if C goes out of business in 6 months?
No family.

Savings (other than investment accounts) mostly burnt through after recent layoff but I'll try and build it back quick. Who knows but I'd be surprised if they go under in less than 12 months. They've been around 4-5 years already.

Reactions: jgon842

Dolan

Low self of steam.
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
United States
Honestly, they're all close enough to the same gig on paper that I'd just go with your gut. For me, I'd never go hybrid over remote, but if it's all the same for you... Then it's going to come down more to who you vibed with best and how interesting you find each company. Without thinking, name one in... 3, 2, 1, now. Done and doner.

big risk here... Accept C and B since both remote and work both for 2-4 weeks, quit the one you don't like

Tbh, I would totally advocate for this if he were already up to speed at one job and wanted to test out a second to see which he preferred. But onboarding at two companies at the same time? Hell naw, fuck that.

Reactions: Perfect Speed

Relax Preppy

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Richmond, VA
B

I would never let startup options sway you, they aren’t worth shit until someone buys the company and you’ll have no clue what you’ll even get til every investor gets their cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy