Votes: 29 41.4%

• Total voters
TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
C I prefer start up growing environment and the challenge right now. Later in my career I will look for a put in time kind of job.
Seems like I could learn some unique stuff. During this round of interviews I talked to another couple startups and they ALL want you to have startup experience, so it's not bad to have on the resume.

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
Truly, I wish you luck. I’ve led sales for 3 companies now during SFDC implementations where we had to integrate with multiple ERPs and/or a new marketing automation stack. It’s going to suuuuuck for a long while until they get off of their XLS pipeline management and into a Sales Ops routine with SFDC.

Let me be clear; start to finish, I have not worked for a single company that could get it going live in under 18 months. Your SFDC integration partner company is crucial. They can make or break it for you and they will all happily take your money before proving how badly organized they are. PM me if you want the name of a company you absolutely must stay away from.

If they are relying on you to build req’s and you haven’t done it before, it’s also going to be a really rough situation. Hopefully they already have a Sales Ops leader with vast experience to consult on their incoming pitfalls, and if not, feel free to PM me. :)
I believe he said their go live for SFDC was targeted to take place four weeks or so... but not sure how long they have been at it. I'll get a feel for where things are at once I get in there.

My last company added Financial Force on top for our services implementation. Great tool, but the partner we used definitely did a shitty job and we had a bunch of stuff to fix after it went live so I know what you mean.

I don't believe I'll be doing anything on the sales side. Focused on product development and implementation.

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
Huge red flag in my opinion. Usually a terrible culture. They are the “we are looking for RoCkStArS” and the “we work hard, but play hard” people… which means you are going to be asked to work all weekend in exchange for pizza and a beer and you’ll have an air hockey table you’ll never have time to use because you’ll be stressed out over unreachable deadlines.

If I went into an interview and the guy who was going to be my boss was drinking a beer, I’d 360 and walk out of there
I don't get the vibe it's going to be like that at all... but if it ends up sucking I can just leave in six months or whatever. This should round out my experience on my resume doing something a little different and show additional career progression with title bump, positioning me for the next move.

Reactions: alex

Colt_Government

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
wallaby island
I mean my last job I did a shitload of arguing with clients over invoices, so that's not necessarily guaranteed to go away :o
Seems you could be a little bit insulated and less of that stress.

Going to slow down the building business this year and focus more on the building consultant side, get more money with less responsibilities and liabilities.

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
Seems you could be a little bit insulated and less of that stress.

Going to slow down the building business this year and focus more on the building consultant side, get more money with less responsibilities and liabilities.
I guess it all depends. Maybe you just need to build out a team around to somehow so you don't need to deal with as much...? Or would it not be viable if you hired some folks?

shiyan

grabbing titties in amusement parks
OT Supporter
Oct 22, 2003
DE / SCV
I need to edit C it's actually 25 days PTO + holidays. Which five weeks is about as much as you can realistically take anyways so it makes sense.
I had 53 days back when I worked in Germany, believe me, you can always take more :o

edit: just to clarify, that's 53 days PTO (with only the days between Christmas and New Year being compulsory), not including public holidays and weekends. Could literally work 4 days a week if I wanted to.

Last edited:

shiyan

grabbing titties in amusement parks
OT Supporter
Oct 22, 2003
DE / SCV
Sounds amazing... I've always been too busy to be able to pull anything like that off.
Was a bit of a unique situation working in research with Ford of Europe
- 30 days that pretty much all employees in Germany get
- 15 days for working a 37.5 hour week when contract's 35
- 8 days because Ford didn't want to give an inflation indexed pay rise after one particular negotiation cycle with the German metal industry labor unions

Will probably never be as stress free (but still very productive due to being given time to really think) again. :hsd:

TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
Company B just sent me that updated offer four days later than they promised :hsugh: Sent a decline to them, some security managed services/solutions company, a major hotel chain, and an ERP company who all were ready for interviews. Actually I asked the ERP company what their pay range is, as that seems like it could be a good opp. Would take a lot to make another move so soon. The security company is tempting because they were willing to pay $170K base... The company itself seems fine but my gut tells me that work would suck though.

Reactions: Bob Sandvagene

DaZ

Jul 18, 2022
I choose none of them, they all seem like to much work. I like to be able to go to work and sit at my desk until it's 4:30 then get the fuck out.

Last edited:
TS
TS
SlickStick

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
How did Company A take it when you turned them down?
The guy went through pretty much all the stages of grief in about a five minute call. At first he was like you need to do what you need to do, then he said well apparently I'm not a man of my word, and at the end he was like "there's going to be a lot of cold water on me" I think worried about getting slammed for a bad hire as he was new with the company as himself.

Reactions: G-man

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6