GUN Pick up a new revolver

Jerry Gallow

Nov 3, 2010
Northwest Texas
S&W 642 Airweight. Haven't picked it up yet but as you can see from the picture below it is pretty awesome. Mainly for pocket carry in the summer as it's difficult, for me, to carry the Sig in shorts.

sw642cntl.jpg

Last edited:
TS
TS
Jerry Gallow

Jerry Gallow

Nov 3, 2010
Northwest Texas
Very sexy. What made you choose that over a kel tec or lcp?

I had a bersa thunder .380 which is a tad bigger than the kel tec/lcp. I liked it a lot but I found it a bit difficult to pocket conceal. I know the kel tec and lcp are a bit smaller and would work but there is something so very americana-classic about revolvers. I had a taurus before the bersa and though about buying another taurus but I got a good deal on the 642 so I snagged it.

198512A

Jul 22, 2004
Las Cruces, NM
Awesome gun, I recently picked up a 442. This gonna be my conceal carry gun. I needed a bit more pinky support so I put some Sile walnuts on it:

442-3.jpg

15 bucks from cdnn. I will eventually put some vz's on it.

+p is not the funnest thing to shoot out of them, but it more than manageable.

TS
TS
Jerry Gallow

Jerry Gallow

Nov 3, 2010
Northwest Texas
Awesome gun, I recently picked up a 442. This gonna be my conceal carry gun. I needed a bit more pinky support so I put some Sile walnuts on it:

442-3.jpg

I saw those Sile's on cdnn but couldn't find anymore pictures than the ones of the website. Do make the gun any thicker? Do they cover the backstrap? How much longer are they over boot grips?

198512A

Jul 22, 2004
Las Cruces, NM
I saw those Sile's on cdnn but couldn't find anymore pictures than the ones of the website. Do make the gun any thicker? Do they cover the backstrap? How much longer are they over boot grips?

They are a bit bigger:

442.jpg

442-2.jpg

As far as other boot grips go I am not sure. As shown, the back strap is fully enclosed as well as the butt.

TS
TS
Jerry Gallow

Jerry Gallow

Nov 3, 2010
Northwest Texas
They are a bit bigger:

442.jpg

442-2.jpg

As far as other boot grips go I am not sure. As shown, the back strap is fully enclosed as well as the butt.

Awesome. Thanks for the pics. I thought about picking some up and cutting them flush on my frame. I figure if I fuck them up, they are only 15 bucks.

Patrick33

May 23, 2003
Houston, TX

442-3.jpg

that is a sexy bitch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan