GUN Picked up a Glock 19... Noob Questions

kmad86

Swine Epidemic Survival Crew '09
OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
After research and asking you guys like 1341231 questions I ended up with the G19.

What kind of accessories do you guys own for these? Also, the guy working where I bought it told me I could pick up a 30 round clip online?

On the ammo, I decided I would try the cheap stuff and the Winchester. Do you guys ever shoot Monarch? If so, do you have a lot of jamming?

Oh, and the two rounds that the guy at Glock fired... Are they important to keep? Also, what is the purpose of them sending those with the gun?

153sg2e.jpg

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
Winchester White box is good stuff for range use.

The two rounds they ship is some states require them to turned into a database when the firearm is purchased. You don't need to keep them if you don't want to.

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
Oh, and nice buy! You might have a problem buying mags right now because everybody is freaking out about another hi-cap ban. Glock makes some 32round mags which will be labeled as Glock 18 mags.

TS
TS
kmad86

kmad86

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
Oh, and nice buy! You might have a problem buying mags right now because everybody is freaking out about another hi-cap ban. Glock makes some 32round mags which will be labeled as Glock 18 mags.

but they will work just fine in the 19?

TS
TS
kmad86

kmad86

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
Yes. Pick'em up while you still can. I bought one a while back for ~$30.

Which one? Is the cheaper one a bad magazine to use? All of the mags below are 33 round. I just don't want to buy one that could be bad for the gun... If there is a such thing. The more expensive one (Factory Glock) looks like it is angled a little bit white the others are straight.

http://www.galatiinternational.com/...creen=PROD&Store_Code=GIO&Product_Code=SSG339

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG242-36.html

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=95360

Last edited:

AB13

Jul 8, 2006
Auburn, WA
yes, bad mags will not function properly in a gun and can be the source for all sorts of issues. Magazines are one of the most overlooked, undervalued components of an automatic pistol. And it plays one of the more important roles in the function of an automatic.

Don't buy no name, cheap magazines. I would stick with "new" OEM Glock magazines otherwise it's a total crap shoot and the house always wins.

I'm all for being economical, but magazines are not something you want to skimp on. I can never understand the mindset that some people have in buying a nice gun, then have crap magazines.

bursty

Jan 26, 2007
MO<->TX
yes, bad mags will not function properly in a gun and can be the source for all sorts of issues. Magazines are one of the most overlooked, undervalued components of an automatic pistol. And it plays one of the more important roles in the function of an automatic.

Don't buy no name, cheap magazines. I would stick with "new" OEM Glock magazines otherwise it's a total crap shoot and the house always wins.

I'm all for being economical, but magazines are not something you want to skimp on. I can never understand the mindset that some people have in buying a nice gun, then have crap magazines.

:werd: Always buy OEM Mags. Thats one thing that sucks about owning a P99....$40 OEM mags :wtc:

AB13

Jul 8, 2006
Auburn, WA
Thanks, I am going to stay with the Glock brand then.

What about the LaserMax Sight? Anybody used these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LASERMAX-LASER-...goryZ310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't get too caught up in getting too many gadgets for the Glock. The Glock becomes exceedingly unreliable the more stuff you do to it and you lose all of the appeal of having a Glock, which is pure reliability. Get proficient with shooting your pistol with it's iron sights. They are more reliable, always on and much easier to use in a SHTF scenario with proper training.

I would just get some nice sights, quality magazines, training, a nice holster (if you plan to CCW), range fee's and bullets.

TS
TS
kmad86

kmad86

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
Don't get too caught up in getting too many gadgets for the Glock. The Glock becomes exceedingly unreliable the more stuff you do to it and you lose all of the appeal of having a Glock, which is pure reliability. Get proficient with shooting your pistol with it's iron sights. They are more reliable, always on and much easier to use in a SHTF scenario with proper training.

I would just get some nice sights, quality magazines, training, a nice holster (if you plan to CCW), range fee's and bullets.

What kind of aftermarket sights do you suggest on the Glock? As of right now I am pretty happy with the stock ones but I like to research around and know what is the best if the time comes. The LaserMax was something I just ran into. This gun is going to be used out in the field and around the pond banks mostly. I live on a 1100 acer farm and have only had a Colt Anaconda or a Browning .22 Pistol to carry in the past.

AB13

Jul 8, 2006
Auburn, WA
For CCW use, I would suggest either Meps or Trij night sights. Heinie straight 8's work for some as well. Almost anything is better than the stock plastic sights.

Admitted

I shouldn't be on OT right now.
Dec 11, 2006
Lawl School
fired a glock 19 and 19c trigger needed to be lightened a good amount. the grip was awful for me. It hurt my hand. The pad below my thumb wouldn't allow me to get a decent grip.

bigboostdsm

May 19, 2006
Rocky Top, TN
How much did you pay for it? When I got mine I paid 515 which I thought was a little steep. I went to the gun store yesterday and they had just about every glock model there, all $499 (except the G20 and the longslides). The G19's were $559 :ugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor