FIT Pinched a nerve or something doing military press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creator

The Creator Has a Master Plan
Sep 27, 2001
Here
On my last set of dumbbell MPs last night I sort of squirmed and moved and pinched something. When I turn my head all the way to the right I get a pain at the top of my right shoulder. I tried to finish my workout but eventually decided it was a bad idea. Tried foam rolling it which maybe helped a little. Still hurts this morning which is annoying. Is there anything that I can do, or do i just ride htis out?

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Indeed. I had stalled on weight there forever, and was banging out 160 when this happend :o

Didn't you recently start working out? Whether you mean 160lb on a BB or two 80lb DB's, chances are your form leaves a lot to be desired, which probably has something to do with you hurting yourself.

Anti-inflammatories, fish oil, rest and ice.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
just because he ohp more than you doesnt mean he has bad form

The reason I ask is because I see a lot of people OHP with really, really bad form. He says he "squirmed or moved" and thinks he pinched something--that leads me to believe that his form is not good.

Did I spell it out well enough for you or do you still think it has anything to do with what I OHP?

miek

Sep 11, 2005
Wpg, MB
Well no shit his form was bad on that rep, that's why he hurt himself. If he had perfect form he wouldn't be making this thread in the first place. Shit happens.

Dunken

Welcome to the team.
Dec 24, 2001
Tempe, AZ
The reason I ask is because I see a lot of people OHP with really, really bad form. He says he "squirmed or moved" and thinks he pinched something--that leads me to believe that his form is not good.

Did I spell it out well enough for you or do you still think it has anything to do with what I OHP?

Hard to give advice on form when yours is horrible.

Shiftknob

Aug 18, 2004
The State of South Florida
Ouch. Get it checked if it lasts. I'd ice it for now and hydrate, take some anti inflammatories. I had a very sharp pain in my left trap one day after cleans/shoulders. Turned out I have some herniate discs, rubbing on the nerve thus giving me pain. I doubt you have that and best of luck to you, be safe.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
Most people these days don't have good enough movement to overhead press safely.

TS
TS
Creator

Creator

The Creator Has a Master Plan
Sep 27, 2001
Here
Well no shit his form was bad on that rep, that's why he hurt himself. If he had perfect form he wouldn't be making this thread in the first place. Shit happens.

:werd:

In generally I'd like to think my form is good. I went reallllllly slow on OHP as far as weight progression goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448