GUN pistol caliber AR without gay uzi mags?

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
I wan't to do a pistol caliber SBR, but I don't want the faggoty looking (IMHO) uzi mags :hs:

EDIT: I don't see why they can't make AR pistol caliber mags that are the same size as regular AR mags, like they do for the 22LR mags for the 22LR conversion kit :dunno:

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
You'd be stuck with a lower capacity in an AR sized mag and of course they would end up being more expensive.

I don't see the big deal about the looks, my pistol cal AR used Sten mags, $6 32rd mags FTW.

TS
TS
dpixel8

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
You'd be stuck with a lower capacity in an AR sized mag and of course they would end up being more expensive.

I don't see the big deal about the looks, my pistol cal AR used Sten mags, $6 32rd mags FTW.

i don't give a fucking about the capacity. it's nothing I would use really as anything more than novelty and training without having to waste .223. :dunno:

plus like I said, the sten mags in an AR magwell look gay. its my opinion, I know, but it has so far prevented me from building one.

TS
TS
dpixel8

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
not to mention I bet it wouldn't be THAT much of a lower capacity. the innards of the mag could still be a lot more straight than the actual profile curve of the AR style mag. maybe not 32 rounds, but probably 25 or so :dunno: seems like a pretty easy engineering fix and I bet there would be demand for it

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
:hs: not really how it looks more than how it feels when training using pistol caliber rather .223. i usually put my support hand right in front of the magwell

The Oly 9mm uppers have the block that goes on the trigger side of the magwell so the mags is on the frontside of the magwell.

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
I think the strait AR pistol cal mags look correct. Strait mag would be easier to do a mag change. Lighten the weight of the rifle, and easier to store or wear on a belt. Funtionality or cosmetics.

If your worried about looks then get a 9mm colt beta mag. A 100 rounds of 9mm cannot be called gay by anybody.

http://www.betaco.com/products.asp?rid=14

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448