GAME PlaystationPlus help: do I need to buy it for each console?

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
My son has a PS4 Pro, and will be getting a PS5 for Christmas. I bought two Playstation Plus cards so that we can both have cloud saves.

How does having multiple consoles work? If he uses one and makes his PS4 his primary device what happens later on the PS5? I want us to both have cloud saves and PS+ games on both consoles. :dunno:

Aug 28, 2007
North Jersey
Reactions: Jumpem

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
cloud saves should be attached to his profile, he should be able to access it on any console he is logged in on.

you only need 1 account with ps+ to both be able to play online, but only that account will be able to download the free monthly games.

my son and i each have ps5.

i logged in on his and set it as my home ps
he logged in on mine and set to his home ps

now i only have to buy a game once and we can both play at the same time.
he has to log in on my account on his ps to start the game downloading to the console, but it will be available to play in his library afterward.
same thing if only 1 account has ps+, both can play online, but only one can download the free games and other shit you get with ps+

TS
TS
Jumpem

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
cloud saves should be attached to his profile, he should be able to access it on any console he is logged in on.

you only need 1 account with ps+ to both be able to play online, but only that account will be able to download the free monthly games.

he has to log in on my account on his ps to start the game downloading to the console, but it will be available to play in his library afterward.
same thing if only 1 account has ps+, both can play online, but only one can download the free games and other shit you get with ps+
This is helpful. Thanks.

In this case, your son does not have cloud saves without his own PS+, correct?

Reactions: Carne Seca

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta

Your son doesn't have cloud saves in this scenario right?

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
I ask because I found this out the hard way. My son lost his saves when I had to rebuild my PS5 database. My cloud saves came back down because of ps+ but he lost his console saves.

Reactions: Carne Seca

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
Your son doesn't have cloud saves in this scenario right?
This is helpful. Thanks.

In this case, your son does not have cloud saves without his own PS+, correct?

im not too sure about the cloud saves, we both have ps+ now

last year when we first got the ps5's we only had my ps+ account
i had a ps4, but this was my sons first ps.

so the cloud saves weren't an issue for us because he didnt have any lol

Bryan

OT Supporter
May 5, 2002
Houston

This is how you end up with $1400 in charges from Fortnite before Chase locks down your debit card. :rant: Was cheaper to buy my kid his own account and keep him entirely off mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19