LOVE SRS Please consider helping to make Christmas a little better for these kids

Please let us know which list(s) you purchased gifts for

• Family 1 (two kids)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Family 2 (one kid)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Family 3 (two kids)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Family 4, Kid 1

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Family 4, Kid 2

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Family 4, Kid 3

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Family 5, Kid 1

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Family 5, Kid 2

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
****Third party shipping appears to not be working on Amazon right now***
This is causing some issues for purchasing, my apologies.

"We're experiencing issues with the purchase of list items from third-party sellers. We'll have a fix out soon."

2nd edit* I just added another family, my coworker's brother recently committed suicide leaving his 8yo daughter and 16 yo son (if my adding a friend isn't okay with you, I totally understand and am more than happy with any of you chosing to only purchase gifts for the other families) *edit* Family 4 lists added below. There are 4 families this year, though I'm still waiting on a wish list for one of them (teenagers that recently lost their mom, so I think we can forgive them for taking a bit to make up their minds), I'll get the thread title and poll edited when I add their list. The others include: #1 a home where one parent took everything and left the other with nothing for the young children. #2 cancer sucks (including the gfm just in case any of you would also like to contribute there as well https://gofund.me/b2045c57 ). #3 Dad needing to work two jobs now that the wife is disabled.

I am adding a poll, before you purchase, please look to see (view results) which families have not had as many things bought for them and try to pick one of them. Once you have done your purchasing, please vote in the poll, choosing each family you helped out.

It's probably best to do one at a time. That way you can be sure it's going to the correct address. If you add from multiple lists, when you check out, it gives you several people whose lists you picked things from to choose for shipping, which is confusing (or at least it is for me :rofl: ).

Some of you have expressed interest in pooling money, either for bigger full family style gifts, or for the bigger wish list items for the kids, or maybe even to go towards things like groceries for a special holiday meal, or towards medical bills. Some of you just want to let someone else pick out the gifts, and that's okay too. Last year I took donations and then used the funds for those purposes ($2175 in cash donations for gifts plus $2000 for groceries/med bills/etc :eek3: :bowdown: ). For the wish list purchases, I waited until close to the end of the season and then took what was there, and what was left on the lists, looking at which children got more than others, and then tried to make the purchases based on all of that information. For those of you prefer to donate funds.... venmo is @MerrileeGilley and paypal is [email protected] and please let me know how you'd prefer those funds to be used.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Family 1

Family 2 (gfm link https://gofund.me/b2045c57 )
If any of you have old Lego sets with missing pieces, or sets that you no longer want and don't care if she tosses the instructions, or just any lego pieces you no longer want/need, let me know and I can get you an address as this little girl would love to have them.
note from the mother...
Lol! I asked her, and she asked for more "different" Lego's. NOT a set. She was clear on that. Like bigger blocks so she can build on top (think like the green squares) also any Lego idea books or whatever she's really into Lego. We have been watching Lego masters as a family and now is she now inspired!
She also said she wants to make the plastic friendship brackets. What are those loopy things (?) I know what she's talking about. I just don't know how to make them with the little rubber bands myself. So "jewelry" making supplies or a friendship bracelet kit or something would be very thoughtful.
She's also into cats. Lol this is crazy - but we don't have one. And we have no plans to get a cat. So she's filling the void with cat stuff. Such as stuffies, books, posters. Etc. she's really putting it on thick with the kitty stuff.
Other than that she didn't say much other than ridiculous shit like a pony. I'm like girl we keepin the lights on. Ain't no time for a pony.
😂

Family 3

Family 4
Kid 1
Kid 2
Kid 3

Family 5
Kid 1
Kid 2

Last edited:
TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
I had a few people nominate @Dusty Busterson I know a lot of you didn't understand why he signed up for OTSS (he's withdrawn btw), but I do, having been down and out myself when I first joined OT and that first year also participated in OTSS even though I was broke as fuck and about to be taken in by a close friend after losing my job and no longer being able to afford my apartment. The minimum was small and it was something to help me connect with others and have a little fun. There was no way I'd have been able to buy gifts for my family/friends that year, but a couple of small things for one person was obtainable.

If any of you are interested in sending a gift for his daughter, please let me know and I will make arrangements. I've sent her the full set of How To Train Your Dragon books since she loves to read (and I've read the series and loved it and books for kids is always something that's gonna touch my heart).

Last edited:
TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
in :wiggle:

EDIT: will wait until fam 4 shows up in case the other 3 get all the love
Last year families were added days (or later) after the sticky, and I assure you that the generosity by OT made sure everyone got a lot of love. However, it's also perfectly okay if you wait too. :love: (and if any family ends up a little short, I make up for it with the cash donations I receive)

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I had a few people nominate @Dusty Busterson I know a lot of you didn't understand why he signed up for OTSS (he's withdrawn btw), but I do, having been down and out myself when I first joined OT and that first year also participated in OTSS even though I was broke as fuck and about to be taken in by a close friend after losing my job and no longer being able to afford my apartment. The minimum was small and it was something to help me connect with others and have a little fun. There was no way I'd have been able to buy gifts for my family/friends that year, but a couple of small things for one person was obtainable.

If any of you are interested in sending a gift for his daughter, please let me know. I've sent her the full set of How To Train Your Dragon books since she loves to read (and I've read the series and loved it and books for kids is always something that's gonna touch my heart).
Thank you so much! I know she’ll really appreciate them.

stonesthrow

Grand puba and dattie, ridin shotty in the maserat
OT Supporter
Jan 4, 2008
how do we avoid buying the same thing for the same family? post itt? or does amazon knock it off the wish list

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
I have a thought on family 2. They are raising money to get caught up financially, this is great makes sense. Yet I can tell from reading the GFM that they are tired and stretched really thin.

Maybe we could also have mods help figure out what restaurants are close by? We could donate some restaurant gift cards. This doesn’t help a direct financial need but it could greatly help with their sanity, emotional stress and general family time so that mom/dad do just a little less grocery shopping, a little less cooking and kitchen cleanup. Or maybe it provides a relief valve when things are super busy.

They probably won’t use GFM money for eating out, or getting to go, but sometimes you just need a break from all that shit at home.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman