LOVE SRS Please consider helping to make Christmas a little better for these kids

Please let us know which list(s) you purchased gifts for

• Family 1 (two kids)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Family 2 (one kid)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Family 3 (two kids)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Family 4, Kid 1

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Family 4, Kid 2

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Family 4, Kid 3

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Family 5, Kid 1

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Family 5, Kid 2

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
Clearly some of you aren't remembering to vote after purchasing, because some of these lists have already been bought out and then needed more items added :bowrofl:

However, fucking amazing people, thank you all so much!
I think you need to change it to allow multiple votes. Right now it only allows us to vote once

Edit nevermind already answered

Reactions: 12xalt
TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
Would any of you mind too horribly much if I added my coworker's family to the list? Or would that be horribly out of place since I'm the one making the sticky, etc?

She recently lost her brother to suicide, leaving their mother to take in the children and their mom. My friend's house is already too small for her own family (she's helping raise her boyfriend's kids, 2 of the 3 are spectrum), so she's not able to help as much as she'd like.

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
Would any of you mind too horribly much if I added my coworker's family to the list? Or would that be horribly out of place since I'm the one making the sticky, etc?

She recently lost her brother to suicide, leaving their mother to take in the children and their mom. My friend's house is already too small for her own family (she's helping raise her boyfriend's kids, 2 of the 3 are spectrum), so she's not able to help as much as she'd like.
I doubt anyone would consider it self serving since it's not even your family, but even if someone did, I'd say you've more than earned it by the effort you've put forth in arranging this annually.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Add, please. Lots of love to you, her, and anyone who is going through the holidays after losing someone to suicide. :wtc:

• Support
Reactions: 12xalt and hypntyz
TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
I doubt anyone would consider it self serving since it's not even your family, but even if someone did, I'd say you've more than earned it by the effort you've put forth in arranging this annually.

Add, please. Lots of love to you, her, and anyone who is going through the holidays after losing someone to suicide. :wtc:

I did ask her to put a list together, but that I couldn't promise anything. :love:

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

strik9

Verbing weirds language.
May 18, 2001
Md

post it up

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
OTers are dicks to one another but generally not to everyone else lol
We are really only dicks to each other on shit that doesn’t matter at the end of the day. You bought a red car? And it’s a Tesla? Fuck off! You spent $999 on a TV? Are you poor? You spent $1001 on a TV? What a waste of money it’s just a TV. What an idiot.

You have a medical issue? A sick kid? Lost a parent? How can we help?

TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
****Third party shipping appears to not be working on Amazon right now***
This is causing some issues for purchasing, my apologies.

"We're experiencing issues with the purchase of list items from third-party sellers. We'll have a fix out soon."

TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
This is from family 2, it's an update from their gfm. OT's Super Secret Lurker Santa sent $500 in funds for the med bills (they said the gfm would be the easiest for them, it shows my name because I used PayPal) and $500 for a grocery store gift certificate (this isn't the only family the Santa send grocery funds, etc for).

My family is overwhelmed (in a great way!) with the kindnesses and generosity that has been shown with all the donations. We also are grateful for the Secret Santa grocery gift card! The Christmas gifts for Georgia. (This is a huge huge deal as I never wanted her to feel the impact) I mean this situation isn’t one I thought I would even be in, if I am being honest. We have hit a little rough patch. But we WILL get through this- much in part to friends, family, community and anonymous donations that have really made a huge impact!

This is the new update! This is what we gathered around the thanksgiving table for and all answered each of you as what/who we are grateful for. Sincerely. Consider this a virtual hug and biggest thanks. Even though thanks and a virtual hug does not feel like enough. Thank you. All our love from our family to yours. :)

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
Question... If something is still on the list does that mean it hasn't been purchased yet?

I'm assuming so, but I'd hate for some kid to get 3 of one thing and none of another.

TS
TS
12xalt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Question... If something is still on the list does that mean it hasn't been purchased yet?

I'm assuming so, but I'd hate for some kid to get 3 of one thing and none of another.
Correct. There are some issues with 3rd party sellers right now too, so it's possible some things may not be available to ship once you get to that point. We've all been trying to update or add different options, but sometimes it's slow going.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman