CREW PNW crew thread

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
I just ripped out a massive shrubbery and mini hedge that was pissing me off. The Japanese maple stands out so much more now, but I gotta figure out what to do with all the bare dirt. Thinking moss or some baby's breath type ground cover, no idea what really takes up here tho.

The baby's breath works really well, it is just a slow grow in some areas.

Reactions: turbo35

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
in anacortes working and have this weekend off. what should i do and where should i eat?

have car will travel, dont mind a 2hr drive

Reactions: jgon842

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Take a trip to the San My and and visit @chornelium

Weather is gonna be shitty this weekend though.
I'm actually flying up to the island today on Kenmore Air out of Boeing Field to grab some stuff on my boat, run/check it and fly back tomorrow lol.. yeah the weather is showers today but even in the forecast it doesn't rain as often as is shown up there. Sunday looks nice.

gEftW9o.png

Reactions: jgon842

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
in anacortes working and have this weekend off. what should i do and where should i eat?

have car will travel, dont mind a 2hr drive
Brown Lantern is a locals watering hole, kinda fun dingey vibe. People are nice and talkative.

Anacortes Brewing is right there on the main drag. Get a few beers in ya and walk north to the shipyards.. lots of big ass boat out of the water being serviced.. fun to look at if you're into big machines.

Village Pizza has great za, and beer.

Pop over to Guemes Island on that little ferry. It's not quite the commitment as the San Juans if you want to stay more in town. Ferry is cash only, they come up to you in line in your car and pay them.

Also I have a friend who is a massage therapist up there on Guemes at the island's resort.. if you wanna treat yourself lemme know and I can put you in touch with her.

Cap Sante Park and Washington Park are good spots to visit.

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
Brown Lantern is a locals watering hole, kinda fun dingey vibe. People are nice and talkative.

Anacortes Brewing is right there on the main drag. Get a few beers in ya and walk north to the shipyards.. lots of big ass boat out of the water being serviced.. fun to look at if you're into big machines.

Village Pizza has great za, and beer.

Pop over to Guemes Island on that little ferry. It's not quite the commitment as the San Juans if you want to stay more in town. Ferry is cash only, they come up to you in line in your car and pay them.

Also I have a friend who is a massage therapist up there on Guemes at the island's resort.. if you wanna treat yourself lemme know and I can put you in touch with her.

Cap Sante Park and Washington Park are good spots to visit.

They ended up putting me up in Burlington.

Saturday I am trying to get tickets to the air museum in seattle, find somewhere decent to eat and check out the troll under the bridge.

don't know what sunday holds as i have to start nights monday. Will probably just wash clothes, hit up costco and drink myself to sleep at the bar next door. might find a trail in the foothills to stomp around

Reactions: chornelium

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
They ended up putting me up in Burlington.

Saturday I am trying to get tickets to the air museum in seattle, find somewhere decent to eat and check out the troll under the bridge.

don't know what sunday holds as i have to start nights monday. Will probably just wash clothes, hit up costco and drink myself to sleep at the bar next door. might find a trail in the foothills to stomp around
I'm flying back into Boeing Field Saturday early morning (where the museum of flight is.. which is really cool, they have an SR-71 in there and a ton of NASA stuff). If you want to link up and grab some lunch and a few beers I'm down. There's some great spots right there in Georgetown.

The troll is pretty cool up there in Freemont.. recommend checking out the Ballard Locks too.. they have a subterranean salmon ladder with big glass windows there so you can watch the salmon swim upstream into Lake Washington.

If you like Cuban food, Paseo's is amazing.. there are some good breweries in that area too, namely Holy Mountain and Freemont Brewing.

Alli Beach in West Seattle is great to see the city across from Elliot Bay. Lots of great restaurants there.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I'm flying back into Boeing Field Saturday early morning (where the museum of flight is.. which is really cool, they have an SR-71 in there and a ton of NASA stuff). If you want to link up and grab some lunch and a few beers I'm down. There's some great spots right there in Georgetown.

The troll is pretty cool up there in Freemont.. recommend checking out the Ballard Locks too.. they have a subterranean salmon ladder with big glass windows there so you can watch the salmon swim upstream into Lake Washington.

If you like Cuban food, Paseo's is amazing.. there are some good breweries in that area too, namely Holy Mountain and Freemont Brewing.

Alli Beach in West Seattle is great to see the city across from Elliot Bay. Lots of great restaurants there.
Lmk if something goes down Saturday, I'd swing by Georgetown. Could grab a drink at Lucky Liquor or something

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Lmk if something goes down Saturday, I'd swing by Georgetown. Could grab a drink at Lucky Liquor or something
For sure! Lucky Liquor is in Tukwila :rofl: ..looks close to BFI tho.

Elysian Brewing just moved their commercial brewing into Georgetown, and have a Tap Room there.. haven't checked out their Tap Room yet. Either way, tons of fun spots on that drag.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
For sure! Lucky Liquor is in Tukwila :rofl: ..looks close to BFI tho.

Elysian Brewing just moved their commercial brewing into Georgetown, and have a Tap Room there.. haven't checked out their Tap Room yet. Either way, tons of fun spots on that drag.
Yeah I just mentioned it cause it's a couple blocks from the museum. I'd definitely be down to hit up Elysian, didn't realize they moved down there

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
It's right next to Star Brass Works which is my watering hole when in Georgetown.
They said they were closed for good a number of months back (which sucked cause it's one of the oldest bars around) but I heard they actually made it and were gonna open back up, dunno when tho

I love that place. Used to really like Smarty Pants but they fucked a bunch of employees (friends of mine) hard when covid hit so they're off the list :o

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Dicks. Don’t have high expectations. It’s just a Seattle classic.

I finally tried Dick's on Broadway, got a deluxe and shared fries. For what it is (no fuss, get your food immediately convenience), we thought it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74