CREW PNW crew thread

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Ruston was a parking lot.. so many people out.. saw a badass Maclaren doing like 3 mph lol

Did you ride on the Sumner Buckly highway where they filmed this? :rofl:

My old boss created that ad... :o

I've ridden that road many a times. Even went down on my old Aprilia Mille R on a corner about a mile from that spot.

Reactions: chornelium

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Went dirtbike riding this past weekend at Tahuya. Found the bus in the woods and, holy moly there's almost nothing left! Last time I visited was probably 10 years ago and when you rode through it, it still felt like a bus.

Also signed my offer letter from that ad agency job and am starting next Monday...:eek3d:

View attachment 116851 View attachment 116852 View attachment 116854 View attachment 116853
Congrats on the job offer! I need to start looking around, my current position is starting to annoy me but it pays decent and moved to wfh so I've been putting up with it. Gonna start pulling us back in to Eastlake and I don't wanna go back to that life :o

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Congrats on the job offer! I need to start looking around, my current position is starting to annoy me but it pays decent and moved to wfh so I've been putting up with it. Gonna start pulling us back in to Eastlake and I don't wanna go back to that life :o

Thanks dude! It's been nearly ten years since I've worked at an ad agency so this feels kinda like a homecoming. I think I'm really looking forward to it...

My last job I was a remote employee so I've basically been wfh for the past two years. I'm looking forward to going back to an office 2-3 days/week.

Funny note... I was at my local dog park last week and talk of dog sleighs came up. I mentioned you and a few people said they remember seeing you and the wife earlier this year. Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Thanks dude! It's been nearly ten years since I've worked at an ad agency so this feels kinda like a homecoming. I think I'm really looking forward to it...

My last job I was a remote employee so I've basically been wfh for the past two years. I'm looking forward to going back to an office 2-3 days/week.

Funny note... I was at my local dog park last week and talk of dog sleighs came up. I mentioned you and a few people said they remember seeing you and the wife earlier this year. Lol!
That's hilarious. We only went maybe a mile but certainly got noticed by anybody around :rofl:

I've been loving the change from commute to wfh. I was spending about 15 hrs a week commuting, so I've basically gained an entire waking day every week. I wouldn't mind a hybrid with local office, but I really like working from home and have a dedicated office so the wife/dogs don't distract me much. If I could find something inside like 15 minutes away I guess I wouldn't mind so much.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Back out on the hook (anchor) for the summer. Let the tourist shit show begin!

tF1XxiB.jpg

2E8hW7j.jpg

Cheers bros, hope ya'll having a great weekend.

KavOMZr.jpg

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Little house around the corner for me (downtown Renton) just listed, reviewing offers on the 5th. 940 sq ft on 4800, 1940 build. Listed at 450k, I'm guessing it closes above 500k. Shit is bananas. We paid just under $200/sq ft 5 years ago. :ugh:

Reactions: Chente

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Little house around the corner for me (downtown Renton) just listed, reviewing offers on the 5th. 940 sq ft on 4800, 1940 build. Listed at 450k, I'm guessing it closes above 500k. Shit is bananas. We paid just under $200/sq ft 5 years ago. :ugh:
That's like Santa Barbara prices in the 90's lmao

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007

You think it’s a buy and tear down? That’s small square footage for anything more than a young couple.

Trying to buy a house here is just maddening.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
You think it’s a buy and tear down? That’s small square footage for anything more than a young couple.

Trying to buy a house here is just maddening.
Doubt it, it's pretty nice inside. Tear down and rebuild at that selling price would make it stupid expensive for the area, doesn't make financial sense imo

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I'm so fucking glad we managed to buy 5 years ago. I would be fucked in this market. I really feel bad for anyone wanting to buy right now. :(
If I had yolo bought a house when I saw your house I'd be up ~200k or so in equity :sad2:::

We're working on buying a house from my partners mom, so we sort of have a way to beat the system but it fucking sucks right meow.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
If I had yolo bought a house when I saw your house I'd be up ~200k or so in equity :sad2:::

We're working on buying a house from my partners mom, so we sort of have a way to beat the system but it fucking sucks right meow.
That's about where we're at, yeah. Not that it means anything, I just get to pay more property tax.

Reactions: chornelium

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Doubt it, it's pretty nice inside. Tear down and rebuild at that selling price would make it stupid expensive for the area, doesn't make financial sense imo

I honestly thought I could get away with $650k range but I’m probably looking at $900k for a starter home in a reasonable area. I’d love to stay in Redmond, and would even consider Bothell and Woodinville.

I think the bet now is looking at up-and-coming neighbourhoods.

Reactions: turbo35

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor