CREW PNW crew thread

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I honestly thought I could get away with $650k range but I’m probably looking at $900k for a starter home in a reasonable area. I’d love to stay in Redmond, and would even consider Bothell and Woodinville.

I think the bet now is looking at up-and-coming neighbourhoods.
We stayed with my brother in Kirkland when we moved up here. Back then 4-500 would get you a boring 60s house on septic with zero walkability to bars/restaurants. Wasn't for us. :nope:

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
We stayed with my brother in Kirkland when we moved up here. Back then 4-500 would get you a boring 60s house on septic with zero walkability to bars/restaurants. Wasn't for us. :nope:

I’ve looked at god knows how many Redfin listings, why do most houses have that weird, white wall and wood stained trim? I think I’m painting or ripping those out the moment I move in.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
It was the stupid generic home depot tile backsplashes for me. Every. Fucking. Time. :rofl:

I’m sure it was the mad rush of homeowners spending $10k renovating to flip for $100k premium. At this point I’m okay getting an older place for a better price and giving it a facelift ourselves.

Reactions: mylegacy412

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I’m sure it was the mad rush of homeowners spending $10k renovating to flip for $100k premium. At this point I’m okay getting an older place for a better price and giving it a facelift ourselves.
Yup. Absolutely minimal renovation, but they really tried with that fucking tile in probably half the houses we looked at.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Yup. Absolutely minimal renovation, but they really tried with that fucking tile in probably half the houses we looked at.

Makes me wonder if the rooms were painted just for show. How about you paint it in primer and save me the work :rofl2:

Francis96se

poopie
Oct 24, 2001
PNW
House in Enatai, right down the road from us is selling for $3.7M. It's a tear down - 1700ft2 on 0.4 acres. I think they're out of their mind but I'm sure they're looking at developers to build 3 5000ft'+ houses.

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I'm headed to seattle in 6 weeks for all the typical tourist shit.

Zoo - Private penguin encounter for the kids
Whales
Pike's Place tour
maybe something in the mountains, that german town maybe
Rain City Jacks for some maze running

Anything I need to do that's not on this list to get the full tourest experience?

Reactions: ObeyTheNoodle

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Have you been to the museum in the East Bay Area?
I haven't but I've seen pics. There's a pinball museum in Seattle and one just opened in Olympia last year.

Next Level in Oregon is absolutely insane tho. I can't even begin to describe it. I believe at this point they have >200 pins and >200 arcade games in basically a warehouse/hanger, all very very well maintained. It's like $20 entry with in/out privileges for the whole day, everything on free play. Walls are lined with thousands of collectibles, old lunchboxes, thermoses, albums, etc. Phenomenal spot for sure, if you ever get the chance I totally recommend it.

• Wow
Reactions: FDT and STUCKHEAD

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I haven't but I've seen pics. There's a pinball museum in Seattle and one just opened in Olympia last year.

Next Level in Oregon is absolutely insane tho. I can't even begin to describe it. I believe at this point they have >200 pins and >200 arcade games in basically a warehouse/hanger, all very very well maintained. It's like $20 entry with in/out privileges for the whole day, everything on free play. Walls are lined with thousands of collectibles, old lunchboxes, thermoses, albums, etc. Phenomenal spot for sure, if you ever get the chance I totally recommend it.
Oh shit that's way bigger and not that far away. The one in the east bay is also super worth the visit. I'm not a pinball person like you guys are but we spent hours there.

Reactions: turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Oh shit that's way bigger and not that far away. The one in the east bay is also super worth the visit. I'm not a pinball person like you guys are but we spent hours there.
They have awesome arcade games that are normally a buck or two a play in the wild. Couple buddies went and beat one of them, would have been like $30 in credits but all included with entry.

Definitely hit them up, it's not just a bunch of pinball :werd:

Noparking

Platinum Member
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
South Island, New Zeland
Flying into PDX from Jackson, Wyoming today to help the girlfriend move. The only things I’m excited about are ate-oh-ate and babydoll. After growing up in Portland but spending the last 10 years living in Hood River/White Salmon or Jackson, I seriously can’t stand being in Portland.

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
They have awesome arcade games that are normally a buck or two a play in the wild. Couple buddies went and beat one of them, would have been like $30 in credits but all included with entry.

Definitely hit them up, it's not just a bunch of pinball :werd:
back in the before times when we went to barcades I only ever played pinball and skiball anyhow :o

ObeyTheNoodle

Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Little house around the corner for me (downtown Renton) just listed, reviewing offers on the 5th. 940 sq ft on 4800, 1940 build. Listed at 450k, I'm guessing it closes above 500k. Shit is bananas. We paid just under $200/sq ft 5 years ago. :ugh:

My neighbor just sold their house. He listed it for $585k and to make things easier, went out of town for the week while his agent did a limited 72-hour showing. When he came back, over 100 people had visited the house and he had received dozens of offers. He ended up selling it for $660k with zero inspection, no warranty, or any other stipulations. 30-day closing and they get to stay in the house an additional month rent-free. Shit's crazy, man.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA

ObeyTheNoodle

Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
I'm headed to seattle in 6 weeks for all the typical tourist shit.

Zoo - Private penguin encounter for the kids
Whales
Pike's Place tour
maybe something in the mountains, that german town maybe
Rain City Jacks for some maze running

Anything I need to do that's not on this list to get the full tourest experience?

@deaddweeb for the best penguin viewing experience/recommendations in the area.

Also, don't call it Pike's Place. It's Pike Place Market. Only lame tourists call it Pike's Place. Don't be that guy...

As for your maze running, I had no idea that existed so I decided to google Rain City Jacks. You sonofabitch - now I'm fired. :eek4:

Do nature stuff in the rain, drink great beers, and eat delicious food. That's the Seattle way...

1620066991295.png

Reactions: VipZ28 and turbo35

ObeyTheNoodle

Aug 3, 2001
Seattle

So when are we going? :h5:

There's a National Video Game museum in Dallas/Frisco that is pretty cool... Spent a whole day there geeking out on old consoles and games. My wife wasn't impressed...

Reactions: turbo35

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor