CREW PNW crew thread

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
some hiking in the Columbia gorge if possible, hopefully some watersports, and just chilling.

y’all know of any good places to go swimming in Northern OR snd Southern WA?

Are you thinking of the SW Washington area? If so, you can check out Silver Lake, Lake Merwin, and there are some areas along the Columbia River that has swimming. I really don't get a chance to go down to that area too much for recreation as I usually stick to the rivers and the lakes I'm used to... :coolugh:

Maybe somebody in Vancouver or Portland will chime in with better advice.

Reactions: majesty

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
some hiking in the Columbia gorge if possible, hopefully some watersports, and just chilling.

y’all know of any good places to go swimming in Northern OR snd Southern WA?
I'm not really a lake/river swimming type of guy but this is a pretty good place
There's a ton of places along the Columbia to swim, I've only been to one, it was near one of the kite surfing hot spots which was fun to watch

Reactions: majesty

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
Where area are you staying and how long are you in town? Anything planned while you are here?
Tourist shit. Pike's place market, boeing aircraft museum, whale watching, zoo, glass museum, pop culture museum, space needle.

We'll be there a week, we got an air-bnb here:

1623895604885.png

mylegacy412

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2005
Bellevue

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Only thing I've got planned so far is a dirtbike trip in September over in Idaho at Gold Creek Lodge... :coold:

I wanna do some camping but finding available spots is next to impossible right now. :hs:
Moran State park on Orcas Island is awesome.. it's probably booked out for the summer.

My favorite out here is Odlin State Park on Lopez Island. Beach camping, west facing for great sunsets and lots of ferry traffic to see. There are bike-in only campspots available as well that aren't reservable. @couchlock can vouch

The next best one is Spencer Spit State park on Lopez Island.. pretty big park on the east side of the island.

The best view is at San Juan County Park here on San Juan, situated on the west side, overlooking Haro Straight with Vancouver Island across the way. Lots of fun sea traffic to watch and the sunsets are beautiful.

mv1rWCJ.jpg

u9JVmiC.jpg

YU253Ki.jpg

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Tourist shit. Pike's place market, boeing aircraft museum, whale watching, zoo, glass museum, pop culture museum, space needle.

We'll be there a week, we got an air-bnb here:

View attachment 133537
Swing into Tolouse Petite in Southern Queen Ann.. amazing fusion of French / Creole inspired dishes.

Ba Bar in Capitol Hill is worth a visit as well if you like Thai / Vietnamese.

Both also craft and serve some damn good cocktails too.

Reactions: P3R3

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Moran State park on Orcas Island is awesome.. it's probably booked out for the summer.

My favorite out here is Odlin State Park on Lopez Island. Beach camping, west facing for great sunsets and lots of ferry traffic to see. There are bike-in only campspots available as well that aren't reservable. @couchlock can vouch

The next best one is Spencer Spit State park on Lopez Island.. pretty big park on the east side of the island.

The best view is at San Juan County Park here on San Juan, situated on the west side, overlooking Haro Straight with Vancouver Island across the way. Lots of fun sea traffic to watch and the sunsets are beautiful.

mv1rWCJ.jpg

u9JVmiC.jpg

YU253Ki.jpg
Awesome pictures! Wife and I are going up to Port Angeles at the end of the month, and I get to see the one place I can’t visit right now :wtcd:

In all seriousness Victoria is an awesome weekend getaway during the summer.

Reactions: chornelium

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Swing into Tolouse Petite in Southern Queen Ann.. amazing fusion of French / Creole inspired dishes.

Ba Bar in Capitol Hill is worth a visit as well if you like Thai / Vietnamese.

Both also craft and serve some damn good cocktails too.

My boss just said Bongo’s is better than Paseo and now I want to confirm lol.

Do we have a pinned post somewhere here for all the recommended places?

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Awesome pictures! Wife and I are going up to Port Angeles at the end of the month, and I get to see the one place I can’t visit right now :wtcd:

In all seriousness Victoria is an awesome weekend getaway during the summer.
Heard that. Yeah it sucks not being able to jet across from Roche Harbor where I live over to Sidney BC on my boat.. but talks are on a good trajectory here between US and CAN to hopefully open up end in July.. restrictions were continued until July 21.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor