CREW PNW crew thread

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
We got AC (sort of, it's kinda weak) at work, but it helps a lot. A few times I just stood in the walk-in and let the fans blast my face lol

I’m going into work next week just for the AC.

In the meantime It’s Port Angeles for the weekend.

42-F754-C9-15-CC-44-F9-89-E3-32-DF9164759-F.jpg

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Nice, PA will be fun. You on that Edmonds/Kingston boat?

Yup just got on. We got to the terminal 15 minutes before the previous sailing and didn’t make it on. My guess is that during summers it’s like 2-3 hour peak time wait.

Serious talk though once we find a home we’re installing an AC. PNW is no longer hot only 2 weeks of the year, and hasn’t been for a really long time.

Reactions: chornelium

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Ah port angeles

so close yet so far with COVID. Some super fun bike rides there

That’s what I overheard waiting for coffee lol.

The goods news is borders are opening up for fully vaccinated Canadian nationals starting July 5th. There’s a Victoria/Vancouver definitely happening a week after that.

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
That’s what I overheard waiting for coffee lol.

The goods news is borders are opening up for fully vaccinated Canadian nationals starting July 5th. There’s a Victoria/Vancouver definitely happening a week after that.
No I think you just don’t have to quarantine. I think it’s just business/essential travel still. I can’t ride my bike over for the day until next year probably.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Yup just got on. We got to the terminal 15 minutes before the previous sailing and didn’t make it on. My guess is that during summers it’s like 2-3 hour peak time wait.

Serious talk though once we find a home we’re installing an AC. PNW is no longer hot only 2 weeks of the year, and hasn’t been for a really long time.
Nice day to be on the ferry. Yeah the WSF system gets rekt in the summer time.. definitely make reservations if you can. They release batches every 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days before the sailing date at 7am SHARP. I've seen them all disappear within 5 minutes here on the island.. it's bonkers. In the summer I usually just fly off island and back on Kenmore Air.. fuck dealing with all the ferry hassle, delays, screaming kids.. it's a shit show :rofl:

Yeah it seems like AC is pretty much necessary now. Especially after this stint of hot weather, I'm better AC sales are going to be through the roof. Good time to invest into HVAC companies lol

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
No I think you just don’t have to quarantine. I think it’s just business/essential travel still. I can’t ride my bike over for the day until next year probably.
My fiance up in Vancouver was saying that upon reentry into Canada, and being fully vaccinated, she will have to take a Covid test still and quarantine until the test comes back negative.

Last time she visited, she had to take 4 tests.. 1 to fly into SEA. 1 to fly back to YVR, 1 upon reentry and another one 3 days later. Seems a bit much, but at the time BC was getting hit hard with the 3rd wave.

Stoked for things to be opening back up soon through.

Reactions: Chente

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007

Leisure travel is in the clear. I checked on the government of Canada website:
  • Canadian citizen (including dual citizens), a permanent resident of Canada, a person registered under the Indian Act, or a protected person (refugee status)
  • No, I don’t have COVID-19 symptoms
  • Optional reasons (leisure, visit, weddings, upkeep of property, return from travel, etc.)
Based on those chosen reasons I am able to travel to Canada.

Starting July 5th, if you are vaccinated can you travel without quarantine if you:
Those who meet the requirements may be exempt from:
  • quarantine
  • hotel stopover (for air travellers)
  • day-8 testing requirement
Feel free to ride the bike up if you’re a fellow Canuck.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
My fiance up in Vancouver was saying that upon reentry into Canada, and being fully vaccinated, she will have to take a Covid test still and quarantine until the test comes back negative.

Last time she visited, she had to take 4 tests.. 1 to fly into SEA. 1 to fly back to YVR, 1 upon reentry and another one 3 days later. Seems a bit much, but at the time BC was getting hit hard with the 3rd wave.

Stoked for things to be opening back up soon through.

I had to take a COVID-19 test earlier this year so I know what to expect if it’s a swap up my nose. Happy to take one 72 hours before I go, fill in the ArriveCAN stuff upon entry, and take another COVID-19 test once I get in. Whatever Canada wants, and whatever I have to do to prove I’m safe to my family and friends.

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
Leisure travel is in the clear. I checked on the government of Canada website:
  • Canadian citizen (including dual citizens), a permanent resident of Canada, a person registered under the Indian Act, or a protected person (refugee status)
  • No, I don’t have COVID-19 symptoms
  • Optional reasons (leisure, visit, weddings, upkeep of property, return from travel, etc.)
Based on those chosen reasons I am able to travel to Canada.

Starting July 5th, if you are vaccinated can you travel without quarantine if you:
Those who meet the requirements may be exempt from:
  • quarantine
  • hotel stopover (for air travellers)
  • day-8 testing requirement
Feel free to ride the bike up if you’re a fellow Canuck.
I’m a Canadian living in Canada

in prior years you would take the ferry from Victoria bc to port angeles, ride hurricane ridge then out around dungeness, then ferry back in the same day. I don’t see anyone doing that in good faith this year tbh.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
I’m a Canadian living in Canada

in prior years you would take the ferry from Victoria bc to port angeles, ride hurricane ridge then out around dungeness, then ferry back in the same day. I don’t see anyone doing that in good faith this year tbh.

Oh like mountain bike for a day trip? That might not be worth the hassle. I’m aiming for a 10 day trip.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
3-4% grade, beautifully paved. Fucking fast times are about 50-55min. I’ve usually done it around 1:15:o

Count me in that slower time range lol. I’ve been riding half of Lake Washington and aside from one stretch it’s all flat. Easy ride, scenic stretch crossing the bridge, it’s really nice. Happy to show you my Strava route if you’re ever in the area.

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
Count me in that slower time range lol. I’ve been riding half of Lake Washington and aside from one stretch it’s all flat. Easy ride, scenic stretch crossing the bridge, it’s really nice. Happy to show you my Strava route if you’re ever in the area.
Yeah I’ve never spent a ton of time in Seattle. I’ve mountain biked Bellingham, Olympia, and mount st hellens, but never Seattle proper lol.

Reactions: TheStryder

majesty

OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2003
🌍
Put out a bowl of water for the wildlife aka birds, squirrels, and insects. I hope there isn’t a big die off of the fauna.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
oh shit that's what I forgot I need to find a big bowl to put out to have animals drink from, we see deer and Coyotes in the field accross from our house

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74