CREW PNW crew thread

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
That’s fair. We’re from Miami, so sorta similar to Bay Area prices where we used to live.

Definitely exaggerated a bit on my part. It’s cheaper but of course doesn’t compare to the flyover states.
My partner and I are in a weird place as far as home buying goes so it's just about the easiest way to get me fully fired up :o

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: majesty and turbo35

majesty

OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2003
🌍
My partner and I are in a weird place as far as home buying goes so it's just about the easiest way to get me fully fired up :o

Apparently everyone is moving to Smellwood :mamoru: and that’s a reasonably priced area. Laurelhurst and Hollywood are nice too.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
I mean yeah I moved here from the Bay Area, it's relatively less expensive. But mad cheap seems like a silly claim.

We look at listings around $500 sq/ft thinking it’s a major discount from the bay. I caught up with a friend today and he said single detached in south SJ (think Blossom Hill area) starts at $1.2 million.

As for here, we’ve recalibrated from “what a bargain” to “we might be house poor”.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
We look at listings around $500 sq/ft thinking it’s a major discount from the bay. I caught up with a friend today and he said single detached in south SJ (think Blossom Hill area) starts at $1.2 million.

As for here, we’ve recalibrated from “what a bargain” to “we might be house poor”.
My parents live in Saratoga (but like you could throw a rock to San Jose), their house has literally gone up 15x in value since they bought in the 80s o_O

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Apparently everyone is moving to Smellwood :mamoru: and that’s a reasonably priced area. Laurelhurst and Hollywood are nice too.
The problem is the only thing I care about is garage/shop space and I'm not single anymore :mamoru:

also to just be blunt about it, she has colon cancer and it's complicated trying to sort out how to get married/buy a house together

Reactions: mylegacy412

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
My parents live in Saratoga (but like you could throw a rock to San Jose), their house has literally gone up 15x in value since they bought in the 80s o_O

Highly desirable area that’s why. Campbell and Saratoga lot and house sizes are fairly big, and close enough to the FAANGs. I loved visiting there.

majesty

OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2003
🌍
The problem is the only thing I care about is garage/shop space and I'm not single anymore :mamoru:

also to just be blunt about it, she has colon cancer and it's complicated trying to sort out how to get married/buy a house together

Oof sorry man. Sounds rough. Hope she’s hanging in there and doing okay. The west hills are reasonably priced too. Dunno if being near OHSU would help.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
that top golf will be nice but I bet it will be so crazy for awhile. The one in Houston was busy for years until they built the other ones.
They have one in Kirkland or Bellevue or something but it's virtual golf with a screen, not an actual range. I think this one is gonna have 2-300 hotel rooms as well.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Yeah, why would they put it where the two main highways split off, right between SeaTac, Seattle, and the eastside... should be in Lynwood iirc :rofl:
I just don't want to drive that far drunk back to Everett. :mamoru: I'm kidding of course.

I noticed they have a Top Golf Lounge in Kirkland.

There is a perfect place up here in Everett where a BBQ/Golf range was. Closed a few years ago after the owner passed away. Not sure what they gonna do with the land. Would be a weird spot though for a Top Golf cuz of it's location in the middle of an industrial/commercial zone.

• Haha
Reactions: turbo35

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor