CREW PNW crew thread

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
ahh..like dubtown brewing. been there a few times, haven't really walked around outside of that brewery.
Yup, Jason makes some tasty beers. Four Generals on the next street over is solid too (more German style, several reinheitsgebot beers.) Melrose is an excellent steak house, lots of good bar food and high end small places, etc. Traffic is fucked because of major utility construction right now but they're doing a really nice facelift at the same time.

Reactions: Francis96se

Francis96se

poopie
Oct 24, 2001
PNW
i really like the little old lady that makes the food (in her apt i think or what looks like a supersmall stall) and brings it to you at the brewery - she's very sweet. lol.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
i really like the little old lady that makes the food (in her apt i think or what looks like a supersmall stall) and brings it to you at the brewery - she's very sweet. lol.
At dubtown? Not sure who that would be. They just got a sausage grill a couple weeks ago and there's a food truck there from time to time. What kind of food does the lady make?

Reactions: Francis96se

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Working on the west side of San Juan today.. there's NE Victoria (Gordon Head), with UVic just past it. Can't wait for these damn borders to open up, hopefully restrictions are eased on the 21st.

XNc1zP9.jpg

Reactions: ObeyTheNoodle

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Just bought a 10-pack of one way seaplane tix from SJI > SEA (and vice versa) via Kenmore Air. $1600. So fuckin worth it. 40 min each way and you're there. No dealing with idiots in lines, ferry breakdowns or anything else. Good for 365 days

@turbo35 the time to leave your abode hath arriveth.

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
What are the current quarantine restrictions if you don't mind me asking?

Sidenote: jelly af. Victoria and the island as a whole is one of my favourite places on earth.

I don’t mind at all! Because I’m Canadian and double vaccinated I don’t need to quarantine provided that:
  • I’m fully 5G vaccinated
  • I test negative within 72 hours prior to crossing border
  • I test negative within 24 hours on the test kit they gave me at the border
2/3 so far lol. I do have to wear a mask in public for the next 14 days but whatever, I’ve worn a mask for the last 1.5 years.

Victoria BTW is a great place to raise a family. It’s not nearly as boring as it was 30 years ago, there’s a lot more amenities there now. I actually grew up in Gordon Head lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chornelium

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
I don’t mind at all! Because I’m Canadian and double vaccinated I don’t need to quarantine provided that:
  • I’m fully 5G vaccinated
  • I test negative within 72 hours prior to crossing border
  • I test negative within 24 hours on the test kit they gave me at the border
2/3 so far lol. I do have to wear a mask in public for the next 14 days but whatever, I’ve worn a mask for the last 1.5 years.

Victoria BTW is a great place to raise a family. It’s not nearly as boring as it was 30 years ago, there’s a lot more amenities there now. I actually grew up in Gordon Head lol.
Thanks for the info! Yeah it might take a while to tune in that signal lol

A few years back it was "land of the newly Weds and nearly deads" .. it's inspiring to see this new growth for sure. Last time I was there it was apparent the support for it's micro-brew and restaurant centric businesses.

Pre-covid when I boated over to Sidney, The Farmer's Daughter, is the best wine and charcuterie I've ever had.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Oh fuck, my buddy's car got shot up in Lynnhood while he was in the movie theater :eek3:

received_516624806226613.jpeg

I'm certain it wasn't targeted, I don't think this guy could pias anybody off if he tried. Apparently the car was hit at least 3 times, puddle of liquid under the car, etc. He couldn't get very close and doesn't know much about cars so that's all I got.

Guess it's in police impound while they document everything then to a shop for insurance to sort out. What a fucking wild story, I can't imagine walking out of a movie theater and seeing my car all shot up :ugh:

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Oh fuck, my buddy's car got shot up in Lynnhood while he was in the movie theater :eek3:

View attachment 143103

I'm certain it wasn't targeted, I don't think this guy could pias anybody off if he tried. Apparently the car was hit at least 3 times, puddle of liquid under the car, etc. He couldn't get very close and doesn't know much about cars so that's all I got.

Guess it's in police impound while they document everything then to a shop for insurance to sort out. What a fucking wild story, I can't imagine walking out of a movie theater and seeing my car all shot up :ugh:

Saw that on the news last night! :eek3d:

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Thanks for the info! Yeah it might take a while to tune in that signal lol

A few years back it was "land of the newly Weds and nearly deads" .. it's inspiring to see this new growth for sure. Last time I was there it was apparent the support for it's micro-brew and restaurant centric businesses.

Pre-covid when I boated over to Sidney, The Farmer's Daughter, is the best wine and charcuterie I've ever had.

Here’s me waving at you from Sidney on Saturday:

7-B1-B96-E5-6532-4380-8-E3-E-3-C66786-D9-EAA.jpg

How much trouble is it for you to boat over? Do you just go over to Oak Bay Marina?

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Here’s me waving at you from Sidney on Saturday:

7-B1-B96-E5-6532-4380-8-E3-E-3-C66786-D9-EAA.jpg

How much trouble is it for you to boat over? Do you just go over to Oak Bay Marina?
I always head into Sidney Harbour Marina and tie up there. $25 CAD a night, it's great.

Finalized the eloption situation. Getting married at Davidson Head overlooking Sidney end of Aug. Super pumped!

nBzju9Y.jpg

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
I always head into Sidney Harbour Marina and tie up there. $25 CAD a night, it's great.

Finalized the eloption situation. Getting married at Davidson Head overlooking Sidney end of Aug. Super pumped!

nBzju9Y.jpg
I didn’t get a chance to try out Sidney Bakery but I hear it’s always line out the door. The whole peninsula is getting developed and Sidney is packed with condos now? Hardly affordable? Crazy.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
I didn’t get a chance to try out Sidney Bakery but I hear it’s always line out the door. The whole peninsula is getting developed and Sidney is packed with condos now? Hardly affordable? Crazy.
The demographic there is more of an older crowd from what I've seen, but the town has some pretty fun spots.. Victoria Distillery is great.. a lot of really fun craft cocktails there and the staff knows their stuff. Their gins are top notch.

Yeah I have a friend who tried to pick this up last week.. got into a bidding war and missed out by $1000.

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
Just got back from camping, for the week. It was great! Took 4 teenage boys, my 6 year old, 9 yea old niece and the wife, 1 of city kid had never been camping, another had never had a chili dog, another had never been without cell signal "digital life." Needless to say the boys floated about 10-15 miles of river, got sun burnt caught crawdads, and had a blast.

Attachments

• 20210720_164359.jpg
    20210720_164359.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor