CREW PNW crew thread

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Anyone in PNW Crew planning to attend Radwood this weekend? I'm gonna try and make it with my white MR2...

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
LOL its at Dirtfish? And its not mentioned on radwood's official site.. weird. But too far for me, and no 80s/90s car here either so I guess I am out on that. If it were closer to PDX I might have tried.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Anybody opting out on the WA Cares shit? Gotta get a plan by end of the month iirc, haven't chosen yet. From what I hear, if you move out of WA you're no longer eligible to draw on your benefits? Fuck all of that :ugh:

P3R3

Apr 8, 2011
Seattle
Anybody opting out on the WA Cares shit? Gotta get a plan by end of the month iirc, haven't chosen yet. From what I hear, if you move out of WA you're no longer eligible to draw on your benefits? Fuck all of that :ugh:
If you don’t have a plan already it’s already too late. I got life insurance with State Farm with a long term care rider. Will save us greatly, the best part is that it is permanent so you likely can cancel the policy at some point in the future. I’m opting out tonight after my wife gets back from work

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
If you don’t have a plan already it’s already too late. I got life insurance with State Farm with a long term care rider. Will save us greatly, the best part is that it is permanent so you likely can cancel the policy at some point in the future. I’m opting out tonight after my wife gets back from work
Huh? Exemption applications just went live Oct 1, have to purchase new plan by Nov 1st. Dunno where you heard that.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Nope. Not touching any of that.

Pic from yesterday at Roche looking across Haro into Sidney, BC. Got the boat moved into winter moorage on the docks, off the hook. Feels good man.

27i4CKi.jpg

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Huh? Exemption applications just went live Oct 1, have to purchase new plan by Nov 1st. Dunno where you heard that.

The old deadline was, I think, in August but the state didn't have their shit together at the time. The biggest issue is trying to find a private option... lots of companies stopped taking applications due to the sheer number of folks trying to join.

This law is bullshit and is nothing more than a money grab by the government.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I honestly have no idea about anything of what this is. Link?
Basically, long term care is expensive, and the government doesn't want to pay for it. So they're starting a fund and requiring everyone that doesn't have their own plan to pay into the state one. Terms are pretty sketchy, so you may want to look into a better one, but you only have a month to do it.

Absolute garbage imo. I understand the need, but this is a terrible way to fix the problem.

Reactions: chornelium

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Basically, long term care is expensive, and the government doesn't want to pay for it. So they're starting a fund and requiring everyone that doesn't have their own plan to pay into the state one. Terms are pretty sketchy, so you may want to look into a better one, but you only have a month to do it.

Absolute garbage imo. I understand the need, but this is a terrible way to fix the problem.
typical. I mean my wife can't even come down to the US unless she flies in, which is expensive, exposure to two major international airports and the plane itself, and just a general pain in the ass.. why that is mandated over driving within the safety of your car's bubble is beyond me. quite a time to be alive

• Sad
Reactions: turbo35

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
I have state Farm life- wonder if I can get LTC added. :hmm:

Reactions: P3R3

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
I am in a union and our contract doesn’t renew till 2024 so I am not sure what’s going on for us. I’m not gonna bother with a private plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor