CREW PNW crew thread

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Winter is young, no doubt there will be more frozen chaos in store.
It's been especially rainy this year. These days I just want to load up on food and hibernate at home. Ruining my travel plans aside, at least the snow looked good for that one week.
He shoveled it off before leaving, but his is wishing he would have taking his F350 Super Duty instead.
What a responsible thing to do. I've seen less snow come off a car on the 405 and that's already dicey enough.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I love pinball
I play a lot of pinball. If I'm not eating, sleeping, or working, I'm probably playing pinball. Either the 4 in my house or the ~20 at the bar a few blocks away. My wife and I host a weekly tournament, 2x monthly ones, random events, and play at other tournaments around Seattle and even out of state. We also play in a Monday night "beer league" with 28 teams of 10 people each. When we drove to my brother's in Sacramento for Christmas this year, I saw a 1978 game listed for sale about 100 miles from him I've been looking for, so I bought it and set it up in his living room until I figure out how to get it home (and where to put it.) We got his daughter the American Girl pinball machine for Christmas, it's like a Mini Me!

20211222_182516.jpg

I play a LOT of pinball. :rofl:

Last edited:

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, G√ľnder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
How do you do pinball tournaments? I feel like playing pinball is just kind of a lucky game. I like to go to Shorty's and Jupiter in Seattle. Add-a-ball is pretty cool in Fremont too.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
How do you do pinball tournaments? I feel like playing pinball is just kind of a lucky game. I like to go to Shorty's and Jupiter in Seattle. Add-a-ball is pretty cool in Fremont too.
There's a million types of tournaments, but most common is "knockout" (3 strike.) Everyone gets paired with a random opponent on a random game. Whoever loses gets a strike. When all games are completed, round 2 is drawn. The system will pair you with someone with a similar record when available (if you have 2 strikes you probably won't get matched with an undefeated opponent) and so on.

I had the same mindset, then I saw good people play. To actually control the machine instead of reacting to it is a whole other game, nevermind the ruleset knowledge and logic/strategy different to every game out there. People win new machines and thousands of dollars in these bigger tournaments, from all over the world. I just have fun and drink beer and see my friends. :)

Reactions: jgon842

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Shortys is alright, but if there's ever a game issue you're fucked cause Avout doesn't trust his bartenders with game keys. So if a ball gets stuck, they go bang the machine against the wall for a couple minutes. Doesn't seem like the best way to maintain games, but i don't operate there... :o I like the variety of games at Jupiter but they usually play like crap. Adda is too many bros and woo girls at prime hours plus the owners are giant pieces of shit so I don't go much. It's not much of a bar, but Ice Box is really close to add a ball (FreeBall area) and they have a great variety of games that are constantly maintained, good people too. Big Mario's and Bad Jimmy's brewing are right across the street, Hales Ale brewery and 4Bs bar a block down.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CPTMULLER

deaddweeb

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Shortys is alright, but if there's ever a game issue you're fucked cause Avout doesn't trust his bartenders with game keys. So if a ball gets stuck, they go bang the machine against the wall for a couple minutes. Doesn't seem like the best way to maintain games, but i don't operate there... :o I like the variety of games at Jupiter but they usually play like crap. Adda is too many bros and woo girls at prime hours plus the owners are giant pieces of shit so I don't go much. It's not much of a bar, but Ice Box is really close to add a ball (FreeBall area) and they have a great variety of games that are constantly maintained, good people too. Big Mario's and Bad Jimmy's brewing are right across the street, Hales Ale brewery and 4Bs bar a block down.
I've never had an issue at Shorty's. Dunno why they wouldn't trust the bartenders. They are good people. My buddy goes there a lot with my brother. Unicorn in Cap Hill has a few games too. There is another place up there, not sure of the name, seemed fairly new that had quite a bit too. There's a couple places up here, brewery and tap room/bottle shop that has like 4 pinball machines.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I've never had an issue at Shorty's. Dunno why they wouldn't trust the bartenders. They are good people. My buddy goes there a lot with my brother. Unicorn in Cap Hill has a few games too. There is another place up there, not sure of the name, seemed fairly new that had quite a bit too. There's a couple places up here, brewery and tap room/bottle shop that has like 4 pinball machines.
It's not an issue with the bartenders, that's just Avout (the owner). Unicorn is cool but too college kid scene for me. Raygun has been around a few years now, got maybe 8-10 games. Mostly a table game spot so pretty quiet.

Check out www.skill-shot.com for a good list of local venues.

Last edited:

deaddweeb

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
It's not an issue with the bartenders, that's just Avout (the owner). Unicorn is cool but too college kid scene for me. Raygun has been around a few years now, got maybe 8-10 games. Mostly a table game spot so pretty quiet.

Check out www.skill-shot.com for a good list of local venues.
Raygun! That’s the place I went to. I think I went there just after they reopened from the Covid shit. So it felt very new to me. But they been around awhile?

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Raygun! That’s the place I went to. I think I went there just after they reopened from the Covid shit. So it felt very new to me. But they been around awhile?
Next to the cat cafe? They're definitely pre-covid, we did some league matches there. I think like 5+ years, not sure how long they've had that many games tho.

deaddweeb

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Next to the cat cafe? They're definitely pre-covid, we did some league matches there. I think like 5+ years, not sure how long they've had that many games tho.
I remember seeing the cat cafe! They had a fairly decent amount to choose from it seemed. Probably 10 games? But I think their prices were lower too to play so that was nice.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Yeah, league minimum is 8, I think they have 10. Good mix of 90s games and some more obscure titles like Dungeons and Dragons, and everything was 50 cents last I checked. I just don't like the dirty looks from the table gamers when the machines start making noise, but... fuckem

deaddweeb

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Yeah, league minimum is 8, I think they have 10. Good mix of 90s games and some more obscure titles like Dungeons and Dragons, and everything was 50 cents last I checked. I just don't like the dirty looks from the table gamers when the machines start making noise, but... fuckem
Fuck them smelly hippies. When we went it was pretty dead in there, but again I think they just had opened.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Fuck them smelly hippies. When we went it was pretty dead in there, but again I think they just had opened.
First time I went I remember there being a big table of people playing D&D. Everyone seemed polite but kinda awkward. At one point I heard the dungeon master say "Now I want everybody to tell us a little about yourself, but as your CHARACTER would describe you!" and I realized it was some kind of singles meetup :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: jgon842

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor