CREW PNW crew thread

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I have a buddy that started a build right before covid. Supply shortages drug the thing way out, and now by the time he closes on the final loan, rates are gonna be way up :o

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
@turbo35

When we gonna pinball it up? Mini-meet at 8-bit?

Are you going to the NW Pinball and Arcade show? I picked up a ticket for Friday night...
Shit, I'm heading up after dinner if you wanna grab a beer later. We're running a huge tourney Sat/Sun, 60+ people are registered, going to have at least 2 twitch streamers with game camera rigs, etc. I'm gonna be competing and helping run it tho so I won't be in any state to shoot the shit then. :rofl:

We're definitely gonna be at the show, hopefully Friday but for sure Sat/Sun for the big tournaments. Friday is definitely a much lower number of people and way better for playing whatever you want with no waiting! :bigthumb:

TheStryder

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Put 1.25 acres in Woodinville under contract to build our dream home. Got tired of getting outbid by hundred of thousands of dollars for houses that were far from perfect.
Close to downtown Woodinville or further out east? Either way congrats welcome to the neighborhood!
Congrats @Mperor - we'll be neighbors (I'm just down 522 in downtown Bothell). Good luck with the build! I don't envy you the materials costs, but I'm sure it'll be a great place when done.
I love it up here. Much rather hear the sounds of nature than construction in downtown Redmond. Few decent spots for food up in this area.

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
Congrats @Mperor - we'll be neighbors (I'm just down 522 in downtown Bothell). Good luck with the build! I don't envy you the materials costs, but I'm sure it'll be a great place when done.
In bothell right now up in canyon park. Where are you downtown? The Merc?!?!?!

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
Close to downtown Woodinville or further out east? Either way congrats welcome to the neighborhood!

I love it up here. Much rather hear the sounds of nature than construction in downtown Redmond. Few decent spots for food up in this area.
South of downtown. Near chateau ste michelle

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
When is that?

June 3rd - June 5th, 2022​

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA

June 3rd - June 5th, 2022​

Ah darn, I'll be in Vegas that weekend.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Crazy last few days up here on the island. A big fire ripped through downtown and destroyed a historic tavern, Herbs, along with a coffee shop and real estate office. I was in there the night the fire broke out after the bar closed for karaoke.. the mayor was even in there singing lol.

..FD crews from other islands came over to help, even FD from Skagit county.. they commondeered the M/V Tillikim (inter island ferry) to transport equipment and workers here.

Pretty tough blow for the community as we're not only on the shoulder of the tourist season, but this happened front and center in downtown.. everyone getting off the ferry coming to visit will see the destruction as they drive up the hill on Spring Street.

My work is on the same block and fortunately that building suffered no damage. From it's windows, the fire was no more than 50 feet away.. pretty close call.

Here's a few pictures of them leveling Herbs to fully extinguish the fire. They saved the historic signs from it at least.. it's just so crazy how quickly things can change.. from being in there the night earlier to that place being a nothing more than a memory.

DjFXE0t.jpg

d2xOYx8.jpg

..before they fully demolished it, you can see the taps still standing. The positive to all this is no one was hurt and all this stuff will be rebuilt, but it's going to take a long time.

2icTSRl.jpg

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
ATF was up investigating, since a bar was involved. It started on the 2nd floor of the real estate office and burned horizontally to the adjacent buildings. No word of the actual cause yet.
Being such an old building, I'm gonna go with something faulty or electrical.

Or murder suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74