It only took four damn hours, too. First, I gave it the standard once-over with soapy water and a brush, then the fun began. Since the car hadn't had its paint maintained in God-knows-how-long, I followed up the brush wash with an all-over clay-barring, which got off a decent amount of grime that the soap didn't touch, including a nasty brown glaze from the back of the trunk above the tailpipe. Then I washed it again, to get rid of the Meguiar's detailing spray and clay-water. Next, I busted out the brand-new Ryobi orbital buffer I just bought today ($20 at Home Depot, woot!), and polished the hood, roof, and trunklid with Turtle Wax polishing compound. I couldn't really tell if it did any good, but it definitely changed the way the rinsewater reacted to the paint -- which is to say, it totally stopped beading up at all. I have no idea if that's good or bad, but the paint did feel ever-so-slightly smoother afterwards. Then I washed it again, to get rid of the polish. With that done, I switched from the microfiber pad to the terrycloth pad and proceeded to smear Mother's carnauba wax all over the car (including the black plastic, dammitall), and after letting it sit while I sucked down a Coke, I went back and removed the excess with an old T-shirt. (I used WAY too much wax, but that's better than swirling the paint with a dry buffer; I like to compensate for lack of skill by erring on the side of caution.) I didn't intend to just remove the excess with that T-shirt, but that's how it worked out, because I didn't realize just how hard carnauba wax is when it dries. So I cleaned the polish out of the microfiber pad, put it back on the buffer, and went to it. I got a little more than the hood done before the microfiber pad was caked with grey residue, and everything else I tried to buff, I just ended up rewaxing. Hmm. Having run through both of the pads that came with the buffer, I had to improvise. Fortunately, my garage is stocked with old (clean) washcloths, so I wrapped one over the buffer head and held the corners with one hand while I buffed with the other hand. I ended up using three more of them before I was done. So, once I was done, I did the spray test, and sure enough, the water ran right off the car like...well, like it had just been waxed. Good work. Unfortunately, by the time I finished, it was too dark to take photos. I'll take a couple tomorrow, so y'all can tell me what I should pay more attention to next time.