CAR poll, the ultimate truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

what would be the ultimate truck? as in easily be able to drive everyday... not 100 miles but around town. off road. rock climb. haul. etc. and not be some made up creation of one body, a different brand engine, this part, that part. the best all around truck.

THE NEED FOR Z

My ZR2 is about as good as you can get as far as being good on and off road goes. Itl haul pull, and do everything.

Wolvrin704

Best all around IMO is the F150 with 5.4 Off Road package 4x4. It would dp well in everday driving, hauling, off roading and have plenty of room to store stuff.

flynfrog

Cool isnt Cheap
Jul 16, 2001
Denver
can we mad the truck cause if you want somthing that is good for all things id get a wrangler with a flexi suspension chevy small blcok and a holley carb

or a lifted chevy pickup wiht a big block and a bigger holley carb if you wana go paly in the mud bogs

LowLikeWhoaF150

Originally posted by Wolvrin704
Best all around IMO is the F150 with 5.4 Off Road package 4x4. It would dp well in everday driving, hauling, off roading and have plenty of room to store stuff.
:bigthumb:

TriShield

Jul 6, 2001
Houston, TX
Lightings can't go off-road, though it would be fun to watch.

For a good jack of all trades, the Jeep Grand Cherokee, old and new fits the bill. It does everything well, and is killer off-road right off the dealer lot.

s-seriesforum.com

Originally posted by Venkman

The fastest production truck ever, the 01 Ford Lightning

Uhh..... that is still disputed.....

reader38.jpg

Booze

A new F-250 4x4 diesel crew cab.
Those trucks are kick arse. Smack a little lift, 37's and life would be good.

SycoPhant

Get out my way
Oct 8, 2001
Erie, PA
I'm going to have to go w/ the F-150 with just a 4.6. It'll stomp the bigger engines w/ gas mileage, it's got the ground clearance for some off-roading, and beats anything in it's class in hauling capacity.

HUMNZ71

LETS get some thunder in here

Id have to say that the best all around truck for quality reliability and all around build as to comfort and performance would be the chevy z71's as in the last year of production of 1998, i do a lot of offroading here in every terrain and i whoop the crap out of my buddies 2001 dodge offroad, and i can hold with my buddies jeep wrangler. I got headers free flow dual pipes, and 285 75 16's bridgestone duellers, they get around great.

SycoPhant

Get out my way
Oct 8, 2001
Erie, PA
No offense, I'll have to disagree on the diesel notion. As far as power goes, they're definitely superior, but that's not true for fuel econ and speed. (generally speaking)

dbracerx

louder than loudsystem
Jul 17, 2001
Roscoe Ill
top speed is slow, but fuel ecomony . its better than my dodge towing my trailor. 14 miles to the gallon at 75mph . Did I mention that the trailor weighs in at 10,000 pounds??

Wolvrin704

Originally posted by SycoPhant
See that falls under the sheer HP category, because any diesel will kick a gas engine's ass :)

Incorrect. Don't forget the Lightning, somewhere around 380 hp now.

Pioneer

Are you annoyed? You will be.
Jul 10, 2001
PNW
Originally posted by Booze
A new F-250 4x4 diesel crew cab.
Those trucks are kick arse. Smack a little lift, 37's and life would be good.
37's :blue:

Pioneer

Are you annoyed? You will be.
Jul 10, 2001
PNW
Originally posted by SycoPhant
I'm going to have to go w/ the F-150 with just a 4.6. It'll stomp the bigger engines w/ gas mileage, it's got the ground clearance for some off-roading, and beats anything in it's class in hauling capacity.
Actually that depends on the engine and how it's driven ----- driven responsibly (yeah right) a bigger engine can get better mileage

To make my point .............
White car -- '78 Chrysler Newport 4dr hardtop, weight 4460lbs, powered by a 440
Green car -- '75 Chrysler Newport 4dr sedan, weight 4450, powered by a 400

'78 weighs 10 more pounds and has a 40 cid larger engine yet gets an extra 5-6 mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan