Pooping at work. Is that considered your break?

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
My first job out of college.
I worked at a religious publishing house in Cleveland - Union Gospel Press.
You had a work station, and an alarm sounded at 2:20. You walked from the work station to a yellow line painted in the middle of the floor.
You kept on the yellow line and it took you to a cafeteria. Vending machines - soup, soda, candy - was free. The alarm sounded again
at 2:40. You stood up, got back to the yellow line, and walked back to your work station.

One day I had to pee. Badly. It was 2 pm. So I left my work station, went to take a pee, and came back.
Wasn't like I spent ten minutes in there. More like 30 seconds.

I get back to my work station, and my supervisor gets a note from the president of the company.
He has seen me on video cameras walking away from my job, and it wasn't time for a break.
He said - if I do it again, I'll be fired.

So the very next day, at 2 pm, I go take a piss. Another thirty seconds. Within five minutes of me coming back to my work station,
my boss had the paperwork drawn up informing me that I was outta there.

So jobs are worth getting fired from.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I take a coffee break, then a cig break, then a poop break, then a prayer break, then lunch

maybe after lunch I do some work, depends if I have to poop again or not
You ever take a nap in the Lactation Room?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026