SPORTS Popped my rib during training

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
Sucks.:hs: I hope mine isn't reoccurring.

For the love of god, do not come back early.
I had some cartilage damage between the ribs (hurts worst on deep inhales) and came back to training as soon as it stopped hurting, which was about a month and a half.
Then I reinjured it and was out for 3 and a half months. When I came back I really babied that area for a few more months, to the point that all the Brazillians made fun of me. When I finally DID go back to rolling 100%.... I injured it again. And that was 1 month away from the end of my contract, so I stopped training. That was 2 years ago. I'm only just now actually going back, and in the back of my head I'm paranoid my ribs will get re-injured again, like a facial cut that keeps getting re-opened.

So, yeah. Be patient. When a doc says you can go back to training, give it another month lol.

TS
TS
melted_one

melted_one

Oct 26, 2005
Seattle, WA
For the love of god, do not come back early.
I had some cartilage damage between the ribs (hurts worst on deep inhales) and came back to training as soon as it stopped hurting, which was about a month and a half.
Then I reinjured it and was out for 3 and a half months. When I came back I really babied that area for a few more months, to the point that all the Brazillians made fun of me. When I finally DID go back to rolling 100%.... I injured it again. And that was 1 month away from the end of my contract, so I stopped training. That was 2 years ago. I'm only just now actually going back, and in the back of my head I'm paranoid my ribs will get re-injured again, like a facial cut that keeps getting re-opened.

So, yeah. Be patient. When a doc says you can go back to training, give it another month lol.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'm lucky that my bjj place lets me cancel/re up whenever I want.

Captain Amazing

I might be gay
OT Supporter
May 23, 2003
lulz
Do your ribs look all funny like mine now? Popped left side and you can see it when I take my shirt off lulz.

IS300_TRD

Apr 15, 2005
Frisco, TX
Is it a popped rib head? I had that problem before. Got the chiro to pop it in a few times and stretched a lot more. It went away.

TS
TS
melted_one

melted_one

Oct 26, 2005
Seattle, WA
Do your ribs look all funny like mine now? Popped left side and you can see it when I take my shirt off lulz.

Nope. Everything looks normal, it's just a bit painful.

Is it a popped rib head? I had that problem before. Got the chiro to pop it in a few times and stretched a lot more. It went away.

I'm not quite sure. Should I have a doctor check it out? I have shitty health insurance so I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area

I had the same thing and after it not getting better I went to a chiro and 3 visits later it was fixed and hasn't hurt since.

I haven't ever been a fan of chiro's but this guy fixed me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan